Would this fit my car?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited October 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
k i was wonderin if the polk momo 5 1/4 component system will fit my 2000 grand prix. i know that the factory hole is 5 1/4 but i herd the magnets make it hard to install.. an also would the Kenwood KAC-729S amp be a good selection to power the momo 5 1/4's which are 100wEACH(200wPEAK) or power my infinity kappa 6x9's which are 110wEACH(330wPEAK) or is it possible to power all of them. the amps 600w not sure about the specs..
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    IMHO anything will fit into any car if you're willing to make it fit.
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • JDOGG
    JDOGG Posts: 433
    edited October 2003
    www.crutchfield.com , just click on what fits my <A TITLE="Click for more information about car" STYLE="background-color: #f0f000; " HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||cars|AA1VDw">car</A> under car products tab.
    Panasonic VIERA 46" 1080p plasma
    Onkyo TX-SR805
    Klipsch RF-7(bi-amped)
    Klipsch RF-25
    Xbox 360 with HD DVD
    Playstation 3
    Cobalt Cable
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    post the specs or a link to that amp...were too lazy to look it up...that and we're not the one with the question
    -Cody
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2003
    KENWOOD KAC729S

600 WATT MAX
    300WATT RMS
    -
    Stereo, Mono or Tri-Way output
    300 watts x 1 in bridged mode
    150 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
    Requires 8-gauge power and ground leads
    80 Hz selectable low-pass crossover, 18 dB/octave
    Speaker-level inputs
    4-way protection circuitry
    Signal-to-noise ratio 100 dB
    Dimensions: 9"W x 2"H x 11-7/8"D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    it'll put out 100x2 at 4 ohms which is the only load you'll want to run those components at so it'll be good to push them. You definately don't want to put the components at 2 ohms though, i had my mm6's at 2 ohms for about as long as it took me to turn the car on and find out how bad it sounded, the x-overs wern't made to run a 2 ohm load...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.