SR Tweeter Blown? How to be sure...

Options
eloplayspolo
eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
edited July 2012 in Car Audio & Electronics
So basically a month or so after i had everything playing - im driving with the radio on at VERY low listening levels.
When i say very low, i mean - i was in the car with my father and brother and had lowered the volume because we were talking....
Anyways, i hear a tiny pop. Aww crap. Power down the radio... lame
So later that day, i turn it on and i hear highs only coming from 1 location.
Turn it off again.
Next time im in the car on my way to work, radio off.
Pop...

WHAT THE EFFFFFFF :(

So since then i havent tried to listen to it. I took my fuse out and figured i would wait till i had time to check it all out.

I am running active with a ms-8 controlling it all. No crossovers (this may have been the problem, but with the ms-8 it shouldnt be). See my Sig for the equipment.

mids were fine last time.
2013 Toyota Prius
Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
(2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
Mosconi 6to8 v8
Post edited by eloplayspolo on

Comments

• eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited July 2012
    Options
    They aren't blown. I connected the fuse again, pulled all the fuses on the amps, popped them back in and they fired up.

Right now just the driver side woofer isn't playing, which very well could be the connector slipping lose.

When i get settled and finish up this move im gonna finish the system.

I swear, DONT EVER CONNECT EVERYTHING UNTIL EVERYTHING IS DONE, or you will never finish.

My build is 90% done and because i have sound i didnt work on it anymore. GRRRRRRRR
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8