Great idea AsSiMiLaTeD‎!

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 13
edited August 2012 in Headphones
Per AsSiMiLaTeD's‎ poll and post about starting a Headphones section, here it is! Ask and ye shall receive. Like many of you said in AsSiMiLaTeD's thread, this will be an excellent area to have the type of discussions you would see on Head-Fi but without all the noise.

Just for fun, I'll let you know that here at the Polk HQ I'm running UltraFocus 8000's out of a NuForce uDac2, connected to my computer with an AudioQuest Carbon USB cable. I generally listen to FLACs I d/l from Archive.org.

Thanks again, AsSiMiLaTeD!:smile:
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I agree and I loved his review of the 8000s as I didn't even know that Polk had issued a full range over the ear, noise cancelling HP. Looks like a "winner" to me!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Jon, do you want to move a couple of the headphone threads over to this new forum? If you like I can identify a few of those and send you a PM with the details
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2012
    Options
    That sounds good. I need practice moving threads anyway, so please send me a few and I'll work to move them over.

Thanks again!
    Jon
  • newrival
    newrival Posts: 2,017
    edited July 2012
    Options
    great idea, assimilated.

I love polks noise cancelling buds with the button to hear whats going on around you, and then switch back again. brilliant
    design is where science and art break even.
  • pietro944
    pietro944 Posts: 720
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Thanks assimilated....This is a great idea....I use AKG 701's for my mains.....I've lost count of the different head amps I've accumulated(lol).......just can't lay off those pretty tubes....I'm currently trying out the Indeed G3 with the 5814A tube...I'm using it mostly as a tube buffer.......peter
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I agree thanks for thinking of doing this and for putting it together to make it happen.

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Thanks!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I just moved a bunch of headphone threads that Assimilated reccommendedinto this corner of the forum. If anyone else wants me to move a specific thread in here, just PM me.

Thanks!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Jon_S wanted to bump this thread and say thanks for posting the Archive.org mention. Looks like a cool place to check out for some music to download!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Glad you like Archive.org, EndersShadow, I like to hit it up every now and again to see what's new with bands that have a liberal taping policy. It's free music you can download without stealing!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Jon_S wrote: »
    Glad you like Archive.org, EndersShadow, I like to hit it up every now and again to see what's new with bands that have a liberal taping policy. It's free music you can download without stealing!

Yup, great way to try out some radically different stuff to see if you like it without having to buy it.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)