Mobile video question (Don't laugh)

C-Man
C-Man Posts: 307
edited November 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I don't have any experience with any mobile video other than Sony, Pioneer, Panasonic, Clarion, Alpine... the top brands.
I'm searching ebay for a basic 5.6" or larger TFT LCD monitor that I can mount flush in the dash, visor, or one with a kit to hook it to a headrest that I can mess with to get it in my dash... anywho, not important. I can't do a roof mount because it just won't fit with my sunroof... plus I want something easily removable.

My problem is, I'm on disability and can't afford anything spectacular. I'd like to keep it under(or at least very close to) $100 ebay. Now, I know I'm gonna get a bottom brand, Pyle, Pyramid, Legacy etc. Just curious if anyone knows which of the sub-$100 monitors would be the best... picture quality wise? Being on dis. I'm incredibly bored and really need some kind of project. I know I'm not gonna get anything spectacular, but I just need something to do. Anything anyone can tell me will be appreciated.

Again, this is a pure boredom thing... just wanna get the best for my $100 junk.
:D
"The Big C"
Post edited by C-Man on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited October 2003
    Hmmm, I don't really know if you can find something for that cheap? As far as who is the best, very few companies actually make thier own screens. Pioneer I think is one of the few that do. Most of the other companies just buy screens and put them in thier own packaging. I don't think any of the cheaper ones is any better than the next. Just depends on what name you are comfortable with looking at everyday I guess. As long as it matches your needs, it should be good.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited October 2003
    That's what I figured. I was actually looking at some off brands... Sharper, Lilliput, some other ones because I think I might rather have those names on the monitor than Legacy, Pyramid or Pyle... they all the have same resolution and are the same size so I'm assuming they are similar in quality. We'll see.
    "The Big C"
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited November 2003
    legacy monitors -- 69 bucks online - ebay me thinx -- least thats what the kid who had 3 told me.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge