Vintage Monitor and SDA Speaker Deals

Options

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    The seller contacted me earlier today to see if I still had interest in the speakers. I had to pass on them. I have 3 children and exposed tweeters and dust covers are too tempting for little fingers. The grills on this model are extremely difficult to find for sale regardless of condition.

That's what stun guns are for ...

I just shoot rubber bands at mine
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    edited August 2017
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    The seller contacted me earlier today to see if I still had interest in the speakers. I had to pass on them. I have 3 children and exposed tweeters and dust covers are too tempting for little fingers. The grills on this model are extremely difficult to find for sale regardless of condition.

That's what stun guns are for ...

I just shoot rubber bands at mine

After 28 yrs working in the mailroom i have perfected the art of rubber band shooting. The newbies come in start their stuff the others step aside. I can drill them with authority at 30' they hate me for it. But they learn quick not to shoot me in their reindeer games. Nothing like leaving little red race track welts on them.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    I used to throw news papers when I moved into my first apt
    Late night parties and someone would rip a bag open....i love that figure-8 welp :o>:)
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• txcoastal1
    Options
    LOL... :s:s:s:#:#:#:'(:'(:'(:'(

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2017
    Options
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    400 buck nice for 2.3
  • CGTIII
    CGTIII Posts: 1,027
    Options
    SDA-CRS pair in oak asking $400 with stands. IC in pic as well. No affiliation.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/ele/d/polk-audio-speakers-sda-system/6270106582.html
    Expect that there will be bumps in the road. Choose to not let them rattle you.

Polk - Monitor 10As, SDA 2Bs, LSi9s, White RTi4s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - CR7, CR6s, CR4s.
    Subs - M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, and others.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 862
    Options
    SRS 1.2 with boxes about an hour north of Baltimore for $1895 obo. If it's the seller i think it is, he's a good dude. But I'm not certain its him.
    https://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-sda-srs-12/6271214292.html
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    SRS 1.2 with boxes about an hour north of Baltimore for $1895 obo. If it's the seller i think it is, he's a good dude. But I'm not certain its him.
    https://baltimore.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-audio-sda-srs-12/6271214292.html

How in the World do you come up with a pair of NOS SDA's??? Lucky find here.

• Gerres26
    Options
    I didnt even catch that they look to have never been used lol.
  • pitdogg2
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I hope the speaker are in much better shape than the boxes
  • Gerres26
    Options
    Yea, i just spoke with who i thought the seller was and its not him so proceed with caution i guess. It would be cool to have a set that has never been used...if what the seller states is true.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    If they were in those boxes when crushed, magnet shifts are possible.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • TNTsTunes
    TNTsTunes Posts: 751
    Options
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• CGTIII
    Options
    SDA 1C pair asking $450. No IC. No affiliation.
    Seller writes like a grouch but seemed nice in person when I bought from him a couple of years ago.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/ele/d/polk-audio-sda-1-speakers/6262852644.html

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Options
    Old pair of Model 10's /Monitor 10's in Bartlett IL 60103, with original stands, $40.

Cabinets look decent; missing a grill logo.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/ele/d/polk-audio-10-speakers/6273319999.html

Already over my limit on speakers owned/not in use, so they're not for me.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    agfrost wrote: »
    Old pair of Model 10's /Monitor 10's in Bartlett IL 60103, with original stands, $40.

hmmm...... how close are they to you?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • agfrost
    Options

Close.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
  • agfrost
    Options

There's a limit? Now you tell me. :o

Yeah, your sig shows you may be a pair or 12 ahead of me. I've got a smallish house, currently have 2 pairs of CRS variants, a pair of modded RTA11TL, a pair of 5jr+ , plus a wife with a cold, cold stare....
    Jay
  • agfrost
    Options
    **That wife comment was mostly a joke, BTW. :D
    Jay
  • agfrost
    Options
    Perhaps I need to re-introduce my wife to the joys of shoe-shopping. Or purse-shopping...
    Jay
  • EndersShadow
    Options

Close.

double hrmmmmmm
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • agfrost
    Options

Close.

double hrmmmmmm

If I was close I'd be there and back.

Your signature gives me no reason to doubt you!
    Jay
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Bet they have peerless tweeters and cardboard surround gaskets as there is no binding post cup. Would those be mw6500 drivers?
  • agfrost
    Options
    Ad for the old 10's is still up, but the speakers are gone--I caved and texted him. Probably for the best that they were sold already.
    Jay
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Probably for the best that they were sold already.

Agreed

• agfrost
    Options
    You snooze you lose.

Your signature tells me you don't sleep much. :tongue:
    Jay
  • agfrost
    Options
    I hear you. It was undeniably a good deal. But here I sit with a) no place to use them in a system, and b) no room to store them.

So if I got 'em, it would be to put my ears on them, play with them for a short while, and then either pass them on to a friend or to a fellow local Polkie (I'm looking at you Dan). So in this particular case, I'm ok with missing out. But "snooze/lose" is a definite truism for bargains on CL!!
    Jay
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    No worries mate. I'd be doing the same as I'd want to get my ears on em for giggles
  • CGTIII
    Options