DXi6500 blown?

lkawake06
lkawake06 Posts: 6
edited July 2012 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a set of DXi6500 components in my front doors with the tweeters mounted in the dash firing to the windshield and am having some issues. The midrange and the tweeter would occasionally cut out entirely only on the driver side when they were wired directly to the headunit (kenwood), but this would mainly occur when it was hot outside so I chalked it up to overheating, or an issue with the headunit. Last night I installed a 400w Jensen amplifier running 100w to each speaker, and uppon testing, it sounded like the tweeter was blown. After I directed all the sound to the speaker in question it would sound like the midrange was blown also. After running the entire system for roughly 10 minutes, the speakers magically sound fine. The next day, I get in my car and the same issue occurs until about 5 minutes of listening. Has anyone else had this issue or know what could be causing it? I assumed at first a blown tweeter, but could it be a damaged crossover? How would I go about checking it and troubleshooting? Any help would be great...
Post edited by lkawake06 on

Comments