installer opinion

Options
Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited October 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I have 4 momo 104's and need to power them. If you had the choice would you do 4 polk 300.2 or 2 polk 500.1? Space is a partial issue but it should be fine. Im also running 2 polk 300.2 to my 2 sets of mm6's.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    Options
    four 300.2's is what id do.

i'd never underpowre a sub that much (by using two 500.1's).
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    Options
    or you could just save yourself about 600 bucks and pick up a US Amps US-2000x from www.speedsound.com for about $1000. you'll get a full 2000w at 4 ohms and the sq specs will blow away the 300.2's

US-2000x
    Dampening factor >1000
    Slew Rate > 150v/us
    THD <0.006

it'll hit hard and clean, you'd be seeing about 50w less per sub though
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • Systems
    edited October 2003
    Options
    The only problem with mismatch is that the whole truck is Momo product from head to toe including the rims. Otherwise I get 2 MTX 1501d's and be done with it.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MTXMAN
    edited October 2003
    Options
    ewwww.... good power but they are dirty dirty amps. the us will do better than any other. just hide it. no one has to know but they'll sure as hell be able to tell the difference in sound quality... Downside of keeping everything the same is that noone does everything well... that being said... Just get the US and make it invisible (put it behind a cool fiberglass wall with the momo logo or something cool like that)
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • Systems
    edited October 2003
    Options
    cant do it, 2 of the amps are going in the rear doors and the other 4 will be going in the bottom of the seat. by the way its a silverado ext cab, when you flip the seat up you will see the amps in the seat and the 4 subs on the floor
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    Options
    i recommend rockford fosgate...but im biased...lol
    -Cody
  • MTXMAN
    edited October 2003
    Options
    there's no way you can hide just one of the amps?? cause you're making a decent sacrifice in sq and price if you can't...
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I'm gonna have to agree with MTX on this one... I mean if you can hide a USAmps you're gonna have a single amp running all 4 subs, saving you room, money and possibly electrical problems, while still getting better sound quality. Also you'll have a pretty decent headache installing 6 amps into a small truck like that, especially considering you'd be happier in the longrun with the USAmps.
    "The Big C"
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    Options
    6 amps is going to be a hell of a hassle for you man
    im not saying dont go with momo...but i have 3 amps (be four soon) in my gmc ext cab truck and its a hassle
    there is so much wiring its next to impossible to keep neat...with a lot of wiring you have a lot more chance of getting unwanted noise in your wiring
    youre also going to have fun trying to find out how to connect 4 pairs of rca's from each amp to one pair on the back of the head unit
    polk needs to make a 1000x1 at @ 2ohms amp
    but if ur dead set on all momo gear...thats going to be a mean looking setup!
    -Cody