any suggestions?

sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited October 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
well...i was trying to finish some of the stuff i still need to do today on my system
i was **** in my end caps on the amps and i broke one of the screws off inside the amp...
its no where near any electronics or anything...just the end cap
and i STILL have the old BD1000 here...so i have an extra screw...
should i just try and drill it out?
any other suggestions?
thanks
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    if you can get at it with a vice grip pliars or something, then try to get it out that way... if you MUST drill into the casing of the amp, then remove the amp from the back wall, unscrew teh top cover from the guts of the amp, and then just drill through that top cover with the rest of the amp somewhere out of the way of the drill... the last thing u need is to drill through the board. and the board is screwed to the top plate, so you've gotta pull a lotta **** out... but its nothing electronic type of work -- jsut a bunch of screws, and then buy a tube of heatsink compound (3 bucks) and goop it back up before u screw it back together.

otherwise i'd say try to just glue that **** on... or get somedoubel sided 3M tape and try to make it stick to the wall that way.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    im going to try something...if it dont work then ill get out the drill...no way im going to get it with a pair of needlenose or anything of the sort
    -Cody