Basshead1983 Posts: 2
edited July 2012 in Car Audio & Electronics
Subs: DXi124DVC

Dual 4 ohm
360 watts RMS / 720 watts peak

Kenwood amp: KAC-7204
Stereo/Bridgeable Power Amplifier

General Features
? CEA Rated: 170W X 2 (1.0% THD+N) (4Ohm/2Ch)
? 250 Watts x 2 (2 ohm)/500 Watts x 1 (4 Ohm Bridged)
? High Quality Speaker Level Input
? Blue Illumination
? High-pass (12 dB per octave) and low-pass (24 dB per octave) filters variable from 50 to 200 Hz
? Variable Bass Boost Control(0-18 dB at 40 Hz)
? Cooling Fan
? MOSFET power supply
? Speaker-level inputs with signal sensing turn-on
? Preamp-level inputs and outputs
? Fuse rating: 40A x 1
? 13-3/4"W x 2-1/4"H x 9-3/8"D

Guess im curious whether I would want to bridge the subs or run each thru its own channel. And how would I wire them for 4ohms on a 2 channel amp. I get confused on the whole parallel/series crap.

Thanks for any advice, its greatly appreciated
Post edited by Basshead1983 on

Comments

• adurm
    adurm Posts: 14
    edited June 2012
    I assume you have 2 subs. Personally i think you're best off bridging it to 4 ohm. Running each sub on separate channels would under power each sub and you would have to max out your gain. Go to the12volt.com and find the wiring diagram.
    Thats my opinion.
  • sponger
    sponger Posts: 325
    edited July 2012
    Since the amp is 2 ohm stable, you could wire the voice coils of each sub in a parallel configuration to 2 ohms. Then connect each sub to an individual channel on the amp. According to the specs, the amp should be able to handle it.

Or...

You could wire the voice coils of each sub in a series configuration so that each sub is at 8 ohms. Then wire the subs together in a parallel configuration so that both subs present a combined 4 ohm load to the amp. Bridge both channels of the amp to one of the subs so that each channel is producing its 2 ohm output.

As for option B, I'm a little sketchy on that so you probably want to double-check. I don't see why it wouldn't work, though.
    Denon X7200WA
    LSiM 705 703 704c
    Denon DP 400
    Yamaha CDC 775