theZeb

sntnsupermen131
sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
edited October 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just wanted to show everyone what I had to deal with when I was returning my amps...this e-mail was not edited...what you see is what was actually written to me
"According to the notes I have, we emailed you in mid-July to let you know the credit was approved. Somehow the credit was not applied, then in mid-August you called us about that and we applied the credit at that time & informed you the credit was going through. Then you called yesterday having not noticed the credit. - If it wasn't for our crediting mistake in July, we would have been fine as you were given notice of the pending credit. I perhaps have been a little more quick with you than normal customers, it's just because I hate you. I'm kidding. I hate everyone equally. Don't worry, I won't be on phones too much longer! - a month or two more, tops. Hey now, it was more than a little suspicious that the same amp we refused as a new product return came right back to us as a defective return. But, I did accept that through without scrutiny. You know Rockford screws us on 2002 model defects. We took a good hit off of both of the amps in accepting
them for full refund. Sorry for all the hassles regarding your returns. I hope you consider us
again in the future even though an a$$hole works in the returns dept!

Best Regards,
-Kevin at ZEB"

he was right about 2 things
1. an **** works in the returns dept.
2. it probably was a little suspicious that the amp i sent back to upgrade and was sent back to me cuz it wasnt in new condition (Which it was) was sent back was somehow defective...
i think i might have wired it wrong...i dont think youre sposed to link one piece of speaker wire in both channels at the same time...maybe next time theyll take it back as a new product instead of trying to screw me
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• Wolfmag
    Wolfmag Posts: 23
    edited October 2003
    Wow.

That just... ridiculous.

That is exactly why I am afraid to buy from there. I limit my possible selection to whatever Etronics has available (polk excluded of course).

For computer/mp3/headphones, it's Newegg or nothing. Both these sites I've returned to with no hassle. Both have sent me merchandise in a very timely fashion, especially Newegg, those people ROCK.

Anyone else have a trust worthy alternative they'd like to suggest, online wise (besides Crutchfield of course). I'm just wondering if there a small gem out there to be found. :)
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited October 2003
    Holy **** dude, it actually gave me a little bit of a chill at the "I hate you" part and my jaw dropped a little. But as I read on I realized I have no idea what to think of that email... I mean is it funny or is it too rude to be considered funny?
    I'm confused about one thing... wouldn't jumping a wire from channel to channel yield a 0 ohm load? Thus when playing for a while frying the amp? No, it can't be, I don't think Cody would try to get back at theZeb for **** him...lol
    In all seriousness Cody, I've read all the threads about your problems with Zeb, just wondering if everything worked out in the end?

Chris
    "The Big C"
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited October 2003
    everythings now settled...new amps are in and installed...and everything sounds great
    i have a few minor details to attend to...such as **** in distro blocks and getting my capacitors charged and linked and screwed in....i need to hook up another ground to my amp for my components...when all that gets done in about a month or two...ill post pics
    -Cody
  • sntnsupermen131
    edited October 2003
    p.s. I have to say that if I wouldnt have blown the bd1000...I would tell everyone that Rockford Fosgate makes some pretty damn tough amps...I thought I killed that amp about 10 times before it actually died
    i was driving around doing stuff when i had it wired like that for about 1 1/2 hours and it didnt die...
    i was kinda heart-broken to have to send it back
    -Cody