Do I upgrade? RTi70's to RTi10's???

Options
sully5604
sully5604 Posts: 32
edited October 2003 in Speakers
I'm considering upgrading my RTi70's and CSi40 to RTi10's and CSi5. I listen to a wide variety of music and have really enjoyed my 70's so far. However, my year with them is almost up so I need to figure out what to do or lose out on the upgrade option at CC.

My local CC does not have them in yet so I'm wondering if any of you have listened to the RTi10's yet. I saw a post on the 70's vs. the 8's and it seems like it was a toss up. I'm not too concerned about looks, but I am very concerned about sound. (okay...that was probably an obvious statement.)

Thanks for your feedback.
HT System
Mains: RTi70 bi-wired
Center: CSi40 bi-wired
Surround: FXi50
SVS 20-39PC+
Denon 3803
Denon 2200

2 Channel system
LSi15
Adcom GFP 565(Pre)
Adcom 5400
Post edited by sully5604 on

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Tough decision with out being able to audition them first. Anyone else in your area carry Polks besides CC? Your ears are going to have to make the final decision.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2003
    Options
    If you are doing a side-by-side comparision, the RTi8's will probably sound better because of the extra midrange driver, but I heard the RTi10's playing in a room by themselves with a Denon 4802 and they were really incredible. I would try it I think. They will let you exchange if you don't like them, right?