73-25K frequency response
50watts RMS
exceleron 4x6
90dB
40-32K frequency response
25watts RMS
i have the excelrons
i love em
theyre running off the deck (which truthfully...is probably what theyre designed for)
they have a huge frequency response
i cut them off at 80...but they go up 7K where the momos dont
but im going to buy the rf 201S...puts out 50x2watts
do you think the excelerons could handle that?
they have a peak rating of 100
and im cutting them off at 80
right now...my crossover points are
mm6:100
exceleron:80
mm12s:80
it will be a while before i do any changing of speakers or buying the 201S
a while as in february...
and i have not heard the momos as of now...last time i went to circuit city they didnt have them and the only other store that carries polk momo i cant ever get to b/c its 45 minutes away and has standard business hours
any opinions?
-Cody
Post edited by sntnsupermen131 on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    id' stick with the excelon's -- they're an amazing sounding line of speakers, and they go deeper and higher (freq response wise) than the momo's do.

i'm not knocking the momo gear, but if you already have the excelon stuff (which was intended as much for amp power as it was for deck power -- it is kenwood's top end, their equivelant of the momo line) why dump more money into gear that's like on the same level as what you've got ---

i'd just amp the excelons' with the 201 -- if u dont like em, get the momo's, but at least give them a chance... chances are you'll be quite happy with them.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    thats what i was thinking...to amp the excelerons and if i dont like them go to the momos...i never had much experience with kenwood...and i never heard these speakers before...i went off of what crutchfield had down on paper as their specs and on frequency response they blew everyone out of the water
    i put them in about christmas time in 2001...they have the same speakers listed in crutchfield 2 yrs later...no telling how long they were in here before i bought them
    i hope theyll take 50watts...i dont wanna blow em
    the warranty ends next month...lol...bad timing...shouldve saved for an amp sooner...
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    well that same model 6x9 took about 90 watts per speaker rms for a while with no problems in my buddy's car. but thats a 6x9 versus a 4x6... so the 4x6 prolly takes like half of what the 6x9 does... then again he wasn't pushing it to its limit... i think they were rated at a much higher rms.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge