classifieds

Options
cbow8
cbow8 Posts: 306
edited July 2012 in Forum Testing Area
hi guys. i have some speakers id like to post on classifieds for sale. i have never sold anything online except ebay a few times. im more of a buyer lol. nevertheless. i want to put some items in classifieds and i have a paypal account but i am not sure how to acccept payments. any advice here?
thank you
Post edited by cbow8 on

Comments

• Better
    Better Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    Options
    just post in the classifieds and request payment by paypal. when the item sells have the person send u the money through paypall there are options you can even send them an e-mail from paypal requesting the payment just look at your paypall fetures https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/how-to-use-paypal-outside hope this helps
  • vadang
    vadang Posts: 101
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Simply put if you have a paypal account, all the buyer needs is your email address. They send money through their paypal account to your email address associated with your paypal account. You will then get an email saying you have money and see it in your account. Or you can send them an invoice as Better said through your account to their email address.

Good luck
    Living Room:
    Paradigm Cinema 330 x 3, Pioneer 9040TXH

Media Room:
    RTi12, CSi5, F/Xi3, RTi4, Onkyo SR805, SVS PB12 Plus/2, HSU MBM
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    edited June 2012
    Options
    cbow8 wrote: »
    hi guys. i have some speakers id like to post on classifieds for sale. i have never sold anything online except ebay a few times. im more of a buyer lol. nevertheless. i want to put some items in classifieds and i have a paypal account but i am not sure how to acccept payments. any advice here?
    thank you

Are you wanting to list in your local classifieds, or in the flea market on this forum? I would never buy or sell anything locally except cash in hand, just too many scammers. I mean I like and use paypal a lot, but if its local why get charged a fee when you can just get cash? Now I suppose if someone wanted to use a credit card and had a paypal account and was willing to cover the fees, then I might let them pay me on the pp app on their phone and have my phone open so that I could see that the payment went through. But I would NEVER list my paypal addy in a classified add. Just too many scammers. And I don't think that I would even mention that that was an acceptable form of payment for the same reason.

Now if you mean in the FM, just post that you will accept paypal, and then work out the details with the buyer via PM.

Good luck!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • cbow8
    cbow8 Posts: 306
    edited July 2012
    Options
    thank you. i have a listing on the forum now. i never knew paypal was so easy. always been more of a cash in hand guy. and always buying stuff never selling lol. but my house is overan with speakers so stuffs gotta go.