Video upconversion (Denon 3803 etc...)?

Options
PhantomOG
PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
edited October 2003 in Electronics
So I know quite a few people on here bought the new Denon 3803. How does the video upconversion of composite/s-video to component look guys???

It seems alot of the newer receivers in the price range are starting to offer video up-conversion and I'm very interested in how it looks. I might be in the market for a new receiver soon and this is a feature I would really like but if the quality isn't there then I won't rule out receivers that don't offer this feature.
Post edited by PhantomOG on

Comments

• Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Kenwood's Soverign line has done this for a couple years.

I mean, it's only going to look as good as the source signal right? So you come in with crap, it's gonna output crap ;)

There's definately a convienince factor though, only having one hookup to the TV.

You might want to look into a switcher box from Audio Authority.
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited October 2003
    Options
    There's definately a convienince factor though, only having one hookup to the TV.

that's exactly why i want this feature. i'm not expecting the picture to be any "better" per se, but i definitely don't want the picture to be worse.

my gf complains enough as it is about how complicated it is to turn on my tv and watch cable, this feature would make things a bit simpler :)
  • Steve@3dai
    Steve@3dai Posts: 983
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I don't see a problem with it, just don't run your HD sources through that passthrough. I'm a big fan of direct connect to the TV ;)
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200