Horrible sound from DXI 650

jclaus
jclaus Posts: 2
edited June 2012 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a pair of the DXI 650 installed in my front doors, my head unit puts out 50x4 rms. The speaker on the drivers
side is bottoming out and making this weird noise. i have my bass at -8, mids at 0 and treb at 0. I took the door panel off to see if it was possibly touching that, but it wasn't and with the panel off the speaker does the same thing. the passenger side will do it every once in a while but not as consistent as the drivers. Any thoughts?

I used Honda speaker adapters, verified the +/- were correct on the head unit wiring and every thing is right. Could it be a bad pair or am i missing something? Like i said before my head unit pushes 4x50 and these are rated up to 60w rms. i have a pair of jbl 6.5" i was going to use in the rear doors, and hooked it up to see if it would do the same thing and it works 100% no issues at all. Ive had it installed for over a week so it wasn't just a few minutes etc.. I also have sound deadning and the door is pretty much 100% sealed except the holes where the push pins on the panel go that hold it on the door.
Post edited by jclaus on

Comments

• pentoncm
    pentoncm Posts: 379
    edited June 2012
    jclaus wrote: »
    I have a pair of the DXI 650 installed in my front doors, my head unit puts out 50x4 rms. The speaker on the drivers
    side is bottoming out and making this weird noise. i have my bass at -8, mids at 0 and treb at 0. I took the door panel off to see if it was possibly touching that, but it wasn't and with the panel off the speaker does the same thing. the passenger side will do it every once in a while but not as consistent as the drivers. Any thoughts?

I used Honda speaker adapters, verified the +/- were correct on the head unit wiring and every thing is right. Could it be a bad pair or am i missing something? Like i said before my head unit pushes 4x50 and these are rated up to 60w rms. i have a pair of jbl 6.5" i was going to use in the rear doors, and hooked it up to see if it would do the same thing and it works 100% no issues at all. Ive had it installed for over a week so it wasn't just a few minutes etc.. I also have sound deadning and the door is pretty much 100% sealed except the holes where the push pins on the panel go that hold it on the door.

Trying no to be smart **** but your headunit is likely rated at 18W RMS x 4, 4x50 is a max output rating and basically meaningless in real world use. Does the weird noise occur throughout the volume range or just when you turn it up? Do you have Loudness, Bass Boost (separate from bass EQ), or Sound Retriever turned on? Do they make the noise when they are out of the door, example if you just hold them in your hand?
    Audison Bit Ten
    Kenwood X595
    Polk MM6501
    Polk MM1240
    Mtx 704x
    Alpine MRX50