sr6500 tweeter placement

ipartywhenuhurt
ipartywhenuhurt Posts: 130
edited May 2012 in Car Audio & Electronics
You guys recommened placing the tweeter of the sr6500 to face the opposite seat. Is it ok if i face the tweeter in the driver a piller to face the driver instead of the passenger and vice versa??
Post edited by ipartywhenuhurt on

Comments

• pentoncm
    pentoncm Posts: 379
    edited May 2012
    You guys recommened placing the tweeter of the sr6500 to face the opposite seat. Is it ok if i face the tweeter in the driver a piller to face the driver instead of the passenger and vice versa??

In general, I like the near tweeter aimed opposite headrest and the far tweeter at the B pillar right behind me. You don't want to aim the near tweeter right at you, it will kill your imaging. It will beam right at you and you will get too much in the 12.5 to 20kHz area. Also, you won't be able to hear the far tweeter very well.
    Audison Bit Ten
    Kenwood X595
    Polk MM6501
    Polk MM1240
    Mtx 704x
    Alpine MRX50
  • ipartywhenuhurt
    edited May 2012
    Dont quite undersatand the far tweet, why would i not aim it at me?
  • ipartywhenuhurt
    edited May 2012
    I insatlled one tweet faceing me yesterday and i did not quite like it it was a bit bright ( i havent installed my amp yet).it also sounded fake like it brought to much attention to itself and seemed to be off somehow, i just couldent put a finger on what was off. After driving around with it for a day i started to really enjoy it for i started to hear things in songes i had not heard before. Im sure the reason why the tweet sounded fake and drew to much attention to itself is aiming and the fact that i only had one tweet going . Will see how it goes tomorrow when i finish the install :)
  • pentoncm
    edited May 2012
    I insatlled one tweet faceing me yesterday and i did not quite like it it was a bit bright ( i havent installed my amp yet).it also sounded fake like it brought to much attention to itself and seemed to be off somehow, i just couldent put a finger on what was off. After driving around with it for a day i started to really enjoy it for i started to hear things in songes i had not heard before. Im sure the reason why the tweet sounded fake and drew to much attention to itself is aiming and the fact that i only had one tweet going . Will see how it goes tomorrow when i finish the install :)

Some people like the far tweet aimed right at them, I like it aimed at me but not completely on axis so mine is pointed just beyond my head at the seatbelt.

Yes you will notice things you haven't heard before but most likely it will not sound natural, and you will probably have a huge sibilance issue. I like a nice rolloff of my highs, cymbals have more to do in the 2 to 4 kHz (presence) region than the 8-12kHz (shimmer) region.
    Audison Bit Ten
    Kenwood X595
    Polk MM6501
    Polk MM1240
    Mtx 704x
    Alpine MRX50
  • ipartywhenuhurt
    edited May 2012
    So the tweet points just infront of me or behind me?
    I understand what you mean and how it makes it emphasize's the crash symbles making it seem fake
  • pentoncm
    edited May 2012
    Just play around with them if you want. The more off axis, the greater the roll off on the high end. Point the far tweeter just past you if you want it to roll off, a little brighter and aim the far one right at you.
    Audison Bit Ten
    Kenwood X595
    Polk MM6501
    Polk MM1240
    Mtx 704x
    Alpine MRX50