new to the forum!

Options
hajones07
hajones07 Posts: 4
edited May 2012 in Forum Testing Area
Hello all
I am new here and I figured I would give a greeting to all the forum members. I was born in '89 and even at a younger age I was interested in the audio world. A few years ago my dad set up a 5.1 polk system in his house and I loved it. While at college I put together a entry level system of my own. This includes:

Polk Monitor 60's (fronts)
Polk CS1
Polk Monitor 30''s (rears)
Polk PSW 110
Denon 1712

I loved the sound this system gave me at school. Now that I am graduated and in a bigger room I will be upgrading my subwoofer and center channel. I primarily watch movies. Rarely have I listened to music, typically only on drunken nights at college.

I look forward to your advice in future posts and hopefully I can contribute to the forum as well.
Polk: Monitor 60's, 30's, CS1 PSW10
Reciever: Denon 1712
Post edited by hajones07 on

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited May 2012
    Options
    WHOOHOO!!!

We have a fresh one here to help spend his money before he get's it!!!:cheesygrin::cheesygrin::cheesygrin:

Seriously, welcome aboard, and enjoy the nice setup you have.

John
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Oldfatdogs
    Oldfatdogs Posts: 1,874
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Hello hajones07,welcome to the forum you have a nice start on your setup.What no music? get your tunes on!Enjoy your polks and watch your wallet around here upgradeitus hits fast.Dan
  • hajones07
    hajones07 Posts: 4
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I should probably/maybe mention that i live in a suburb of Dallas, Texas. And im thinking of going to the CS2 to replace the CS1. And the PSW505 while splitting off my receiver and running the PSW110 on the back of the room next to the couch. If you would like to give quick advice :wink: that would be great. Ill probably be posting about it later anyway. Ive got a little bit of money to save up first.
    Polk: Monitor 60's, 30's, CS1 PSW10
    Reciever: Denon 1712
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Save it up fast everybody here loves to spend other peoples money! Welcome to the forum
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • woodhead 2
    woodhead 2 Posts: 367
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Welcome to the forum
    Panny 8000 project
    Oppo 103D
    Fronts- Monitor 70's
    Upper fronts- Monitor 30's
    Surrounds- Monitor 50's
    Backs- Monitor 40's
    Center-CS 350
    Sub- SVS PB 2000
    Onkyo 607[back up]
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Welcome, and enjoy your gear, lots of friendly knowlegable people here to answer yuor questions. I think you need to throw in some music into the mix, and you can listen with non drunken college night ears, or with, makes it a good time eithier way.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)