Going with a All Polk System... How this sound?

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited October 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Ok, THis is the plan...

Deck: Pioneer Dehp-6500
Front speakers: Polk/Momo Carbon 6 1/2"s
Rear Speakers: Polk/momo Carbon 5x7's
Subwoofer: Polk MM12
Amp: Polk C300.2

Now i plan on running the fronts and rears off the deck untill polk gets off its a$$ and releases the C400.4 amps, then ill hook it up to the fronts. Currently, ill have the C300.2 Bridged to the MM12 making about 550 Watts Rms.

Now, is the mm12 going to be able to handle the power? How underrated are these amps?

also, Will the carbons be OK being run off the deck? 22W rms isnt much, but i dont plan on crankin it till i get the 400.4 on them...

Anyone have any idea when the C400.4 is going to be available? thanks.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    you're gonna wanna amp the highs, but for a short time runnin them off deck power, being careful not to overdrive the deck into clipping, you should be fine till u find the 400.4 in stores.

far as the momo 12 -- it'll take 650 wrms. ...so 550's less than 650, therefore, u're fine.

far as the 300.2 being underrated, i've got no idea - i haven' theard or even seen the momo amps in my local CC yet.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    If you can i'd upgrade to the 7500mp, you'll get MP3 playback and you'll double the voltage of your RCA preouts(2v vs 4v). Believe me there'll be a difference between the two. personally it's what i'd do...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by Grits
    Now i plan on running the fronts and rears off the deck untill polk gets off its a$$ and releases the C400.4 amps, then ill hook it up to the fronts.
    Check it out:400.4
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2003
    Wow.. good to see its becoming available. I work for Circuit city, and get a pretty fair discount on polk stuff, so im waiting on them to get it to circuit city...

**Twitles thumbs** We already got the C300.2 and the C500.1.. Awesome sounding amps.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing