Wanted: Opinions on Denon Dvd 3800

Options
Terrax
Terrax Posts: 483
edited October 2003 in Electronics
Hi guys,

I need some opinions on a Denon Dvd 3800 dvd player, if any of you have seen or heard this unit, what are your thoughts on it? I can get one for 498.99.

Terry
Post edited by Terrax on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Terrax,
    I own one, PQ and SQ is marvelous. DVD-A is very good. Al24 Plus processing is very nice, I could actually hear more details on redbook cd. As long as you had built that beyond October 2002, you're up for a treat. It had some issues on the early production. Mine perform flawlessly so far (knock on wood), bought it in October 2002. It will be comparable to the upcoming 5900 minus the SACD and 5900 has better DAC (obviously). Retailed at $1,200 when I bought it. If you have a good unit, nothing beats its PQ...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • Terrax
    Terrax Posts: 483
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Would it be worth 498.99 plus tax for a display model at Tweeter? And I wonder how it would compare to the 2900 and 2200 minus SACD? My thoughts are, for 500 bucks, would it be worth getting the 3800 or would I be better served getting a 2200 and having SACD? Yes, I would like having SACD, but overall quality is more important. PQ and AQ both are a major concern, so for the 500 spent I'm looking for the best route to go.