Eosone RSF1000 Speakers

Tex
Tex Posts: 189
edited May 2012 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have for sale a pair of Eosone RSF1000 speakers. Each speaker has 2 1 inch tweeters (one on the front and one on the back), 1 4 inch mid range, 2 6.5 inch mid range (one on the front and one on the back), and 2 10 inch woofers. I think only one is powered but I'm not sure. Amp is 125 watts. The speakers all work as they should but cosmetically they are only about a 5/10. Basically the grills are trash, 2 dustcaps on the woofers are pushed in and one tweeter is pushed in. Top caps have the gloss black finish and are in good shape. The sides are a flat black and have some scuffs and scratches. These are great for home theater but not so great for music. I bought these from a friend of mine thinking I would use them with my son's game system but really they are just in the way. My friend was the original owner. At 93 pounds each these are local pick up only. $200

Just as a heads up I am also going to be listing a pair of LS50's in black ($150) and a pair of B&W DM610 Series 3 also in black ($350). I'm just waiting to hear from a couple of locals if they want them or not. I will post them with pictures in a couple of days.

DSC01056.jpg
DSC01054.jpg
DSC01052.jpg

Comments

• Where are you located
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Where are you located

Safe to say they've been sold.
    Post is five years old.
    Good luck and hang around!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Where are you located

Texas??? :) Well at least back in 2012 I assume :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,481
    Were Eosone pre def-tech? Because they sure do look the part somewhat
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Yeah that, or older Mirage.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Thats what I've been lead to believe. My uncle had a full 9.2 setup of these at one point.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    deronb1 wrote: »

I do not remember Mirage having any bipolar speakers

Thats what I've been lead to believe. My uncle had a full 9.2 setup of these at one point.

They sure do look like Def-Tech earliest incarnation

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952

What??? Mirage started the whole bi-polar thing iirc...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • The Eosone speakers were initially developed, in 1995, for the Best Buy company to have their own good sounding speakers. The idea was that Polk would have Arnie Nudell design them (a completely different speaker builder from Matt Polk) and they would build them. This was done to allay any concerns from longtime Polk dealers. Later the speakers were picked up by the Crutchfield company. Polk worked very hard to keep the speaker line separate from the Polk one, hiring a different group of customer support reps, different phone lines.
    Arnie's idea was to have some of the sonic advantages of planar type speakers incorporated into a moving coil type speaker. Namely having opposite polarity tweeters and upper mid-frequency drivers placed on the rear of the cabinet. The product line testing was quite rigorous with separate binding posts allowing independent measurements for the forward and rearward components. All-in-all a really good design well done but less than ideal store demonstration capabilities.
  • pitdogg2
    rooftop59 wrote: »

What??? Mirage started the whole bi-polar thing iirc...

yep you are correct. For the record I was never a fan so I didn't know their history. I go back only as far as the Omnipolar speaker. They were never big sellers in my area so I never stumbled across any at the audio stores.

http://www.miragespeakers.com/about/history/
  • Looking to replace 10 "sub drivers in my rsf 1000's and refurb the sub amp in one anyone have any info on where I can find parts and service the san Diego site must be out of business I get the runaround phone message every time
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    Not out of business, but no parts are available anyway.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk