Final Appearance: Quad 99 PreAmp

Options
apc
apc Posts: 779
I've listed this preamp before with some interest, so here's one last go 'round. Our remodeling has limited my setup options space-wise. I've decided to part with some beloved equipment. I bought this piece (and a Pro-Ject TT) from Underwoodwally on Audiogon after meeting him at an audio get together. It includes the original box and remote. Unit has a minor blemish or two on top, which I can photo if interested. Also noticed one of the screws is missing from the quadlink connector on the rear, which only comes into play if you have the matching Quad tuner or amp. I'd double box for shipping of course.

From a review once upon a time:

The 99 preamp is overall more neutral, and at $1000, is quite a bargain in that it does so little wrong by just plain getting the music right. Moreover, I was impressed by how well the 99 acquitted itself in the company of much more expensive components. Add in the convenience of a remote, a phono stage, and the Spectral Tilt feature and what else is there in the high-end market that competes with it?

I'll add that the Tilt feature allows me to brighten up a dull recording and tone down a bright one. EQ is so personal for each of us and I enjoyed the flexibility this unit offered.

I'm thinking $575 shipped/insured/conus.

Quad991.jpg

Quad992.jpg

Quad993.jpg
Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Friend.
Post edited by apc on

Comments