Upgrades

Options
gotpolks
gotpolks Posts: 6
edited April 2012 in Forum Testing Area
Hello CP, I joined the forum some time ago, but havent checked in since, so I am still "newbie' status. I am the proud owner of a pair of vintage Monitor 10's as well as a pair of SDA 2B's. They are powered by a Technics SA DA-8 receiver and an Adcom GFA 555 amplifier respectively. Both pairs of speakers sound wonderful with the SDA's obviously being my pride and joy. My question is being that all the drivers/x overs are original so should I be looking to upgrade or leave well enough alone as they still sound superb to me. I have seen posts in the past suggesting tweeter upgrade as the most common. I would upgrade if the improvement were more than only marginal. Thank you for you advice and let me apologize in advance if I am beating a dead horse with this post. "Newbie" remember? LOL.
Post edited by gotpolks on

Comments

• mole'
    mole' Posts: 3,160
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i have some stock x-overs for the M10s. i was gonna mod them for mine 2 sets of M10s, but i dont use them anymore.
    mole'
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If they sound good, why mess with a good thing. What you can do is some research on mods for those SDA's so you have your ducks in a row with a clear path when the time comes. Many threads on crossover upgrades, tweeters, drivers, etc so dig in and read up while you enjoy those tunes.
    Oh, and welcome btw.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gotpolks
    gotpolks Posts: 6
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Excellent advice and I will do just that! Thank you.