I like the new MOMO MM104

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,804
edited October 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I put it in the car last night and turned teh gain down so it wouldn't be over-powered. Told her not to turn it up beyond 25% full volume for 2 weeks to get the 20-30 hours of break-in time. She pull up tonight and I could still hear the sub with the house windows closed. I kinda yelled at her and she showed me that she did exactly as I told her.

This MOMO is way better than the DX it is replacing! It's this >< close to being lightyears beyond it! It isn't as smooth as my dB10 or nearly as musical. It does hit harder than my dB10 but that is the only benefit. The plastic MOMO grille I put on it cracked though when a bag slid against it. I replaced it with a cast aluminum Kicker grille, hopefully that will work out better. Overall though, it is a high quality sub and it has exceeded my expectations. It is an efficient speaker just like every other Polk I have owned and it uses the power well. I am legitimatly impressed with it. While I know there may be better ones out there, this is certainly not a speaker to scoff at at all.

As for a direct comparison, the MOMO is in the same box as the dB was and the DX too. I liked the dB in that box better but the MOMO sounds more powerful than the dB and blows the DX away. The MOMO doesn't seem to be as tight and accurate as the dB and the cone looks and feels lighter. The MOMO is physically larger and heavier too. I think the MOMO symbol should be red outlined in yellow though. It would be more appealing to the eye and clash with the silver less. I'll have to wait for the break-in period to be done with before I can give a more accurate review though. But initially, a big thumbs up to Polk Audio! The sub is better than what most people will let on!
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    the only limits on any car in my opinion are how much space you have and how many alternators you can add ;D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    my limits are electrical system...and money
    -Cody
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by Jstas
    The plastic MOMO grille I put on it cracked though when a bag slid against it. I replaced it with a cast aluminum Kicker grille, hopefully that will work out better
    Was it a bag of concrete? I've carried the MM12 box by the grill with no problems. I'm just curious what would crack that grill.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited October 2003
    A pretty heavy bag with a set of wheels and feet on the bottom. Like luggage. The bag slid in a panic stop and cracked the grille. It was vibrating so I took it off. I've never liked plastic speaker grilles.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    ... told ya i had a pimp feeling about that sub :)

it fits that "niche" now don't it?

good ****... glad to hear your enjoyin it :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge