Lsi question

Options
rookiejk
rookiejk Posts: 60
edited October 2003 in Speakers
I currently have a Lsi System 2 25s a Lsic and 2 Lsixs. I am running all of the speakers on small, through a denon 3803. I know this receiver is probably not the best for 4 ohm speakers, but I haven't had any problems with it overheating, although I should not speak so soon.

My question is regarding how to set up the fronts, the 25s. I have them running on small, with the LFE subwoofer input running the subwoofers. Both of the subs are powered. Is this the best way to set them up? Would setting the fronts to Large and disconnecting the LFE make a difference? Would doing this take away from the effect of the amps in the subs?

Also, last night I was watching the new Matrix movie, and hear a popping, almost like a knocking sound coming from the left front speaker. This occured during a scene with alot of gunshots and stuff. Would this be a result of something I am doing wrong? Or, did I just have the volume turned up too high? I turned the level down a little bit, and I didn't hear it for the rest of the night. I also, checked my +- connections and they are correct. Any experience with this?

All help appreciated, thanks!!!
Receiver: B&K AVR505
Fronts: Lsi25s
Center: Lsic
Surround: LsiXs
TV: 57'' RP Toshiba
Post edited by rookiejk on

Comments

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Disconnecting LFE connection will deprive you from the .1 information on DD 5.1 material. So, I don't think you should do that. Have you tried changing BM to large for front speaks and leave the LFE connection in (option 2 on the manual)?

btw, I don't own 25, and curious to hear it. Did you audition 25 vs. 15 before you go with 25? what's your opinion (sans external sub)?

Can't suggest anything on the popping, wonder if the left sub bottoming out?

perhaps others will chime in with their experience...
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited October 2003
    Options
    If you're not using an external subwoofer, try connecting the speakers with speaker wires and set the mains to large. You might get better sub to speaker blending. Try it and use the set up you like most.

Not sure about the popping sound. How loud were you listening? How high was the subwoofer volume? Did the sound come from the sub or the other drivers?

Maurice
  • Shell
    Shell Posts: 134
    edited October 2003
    Options
    rookiejk, how high did you have your receiver turned up? If it was more than halfway the popping noise could be distortion coming from your receiver.