Toyota Tacoma

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited October 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
What is a good audio system to put into a Toyota Tacoma xtended cab?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    oh my, here we go again.

questions...

1. how much are you willing to spend.
    2. What are the stock speaker sizes and are you willing to modify.
    3. are you willing to do work to the electrical system (ex. high output alternator, second battery, etc.)
    4. does the answer to #1 include the cost of wire and electrical upgrades
    5. about how much space do you have and are you willing to remove rear seats for more sound.
    6. is there anything that you'd like to not alter (ex. keeping factory headunit)

answer these and we can get started...
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited October 2003
    Actually just answer question number 1 because...

...the answer to number two is pretty much determined by number 1. It costs money to modify and do custom work.

The answer to number 3 is also dictated by number one. If the money isn't there for bigger batteries and alternators than it probably isn't there for big power amplifiers either. So that gear wouldn't be needed. If the high power stuff was wanted but the gear needed to support it wouldn't be within the budget then the choices would have to be rethought.

The answer to number 4 is that number one had better include the cost of wiring and installation parts because that can be an extra 100-250 dollars more.

5 and 6 I suppose would not be related to number 1 directly but they may be limited by the answer to number one.

So basically, answer question number one and go from there.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • MTXMAN
    edited October 2003
    hey jstas, when a problem comes along you must zip it, zip it zip it good... jk man :D

actually while the others may be affected by no 1 they can still be influenced independently from it so phhhhhhht :p
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited October 2003
    LOL... oh man are you gonna get reamed for that one. :D

I personally ask 3 questions...

1) Cost

2) Have you done any research on your own? If so, what have you been looking into, I'll tell you if it's crap or not.

3) If you have any sort of knowledge of car audio at all... What are you wanting, power, size of woofers... blah blah blah, yada yada yada.

Not necessarily in that order. But I agree, I feel like they all tie into cost. So therefore, cost is an effective starting point... (See, I agree Jstas, so take it out on MTX) :)
    "The Big C"
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited October 2003
    What's to take out? MTXMAN is obviously not feeling well! Seems like he has diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of teh brain! ;) :eek: :D:p
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    these subs:
    MTX RFL152
    2 of those should do you good($800 each)
    these amps(2 amps $1600 each):
    zapco c2k-9.0XD zapco c2k-9.0XD
    youll need 2 of those
    go streetwires for all rca's
    monster for all power wire and speaker wire
    wiring should be no more than ($500)
    head unit ($2300):
    Alpine IVA-D900
    speakers (2 sets, front and back $400 each)
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1
    amp for speakers($1130):
    zapco c2k-4.0X
    sorry if the zapco links dont work
    youre also going to need 2 batteries($100 each)
    an aftermarket alternator($700)
    a box($300)
    and 4 of these capacitors: ($175 each)
    DACAP3

hope this helps
    -Cody
  • MTXMAN
    edited October 2003
    Originally posted by Jstas
    Seems like he has diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of teh brain!

I love that one, Jstas you know i got nothing but love for ya man, and you know i was just playin with ya

umm about the rfl152... those were made for competition only, not great musically and best played at one frequency, if you're going competition they're great however i'd reccomend something like the diamond audio TDX subs (bout half the price too) or an IDMAX etc...
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    oo...I just went to crutchfield and found the most expensive sub they had since he didnt specify a price
    its only about a 10K system i listed...lol
    -Cody
  • MTXMAN
    edited October 2003
    hell if you're gonna drop about 10g into it go through www.speedsound.com get the US-Amps 2000x powering two 12" TDX with the dual 4ohm VC's. Run the diamond HEX component sets (get the silk tweeter) and run them off of a US Amps TU-600 tube amp, that amp is SWEET. also you could order the 5.25 midbass driver from diamond audio and make your 6.5 comp system into a 3 way, amp each component seperately... can we say DAMN!!!