jibben????

:D Evil Twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    edited October 2003
    Options
    At further observation.....

The RTxxxi and RTixxx veneer is EXACTLY the same. The difference? The RTxxxi veneer has the white etches all through out the veneer.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Turbota,
    Rest assured, I dont know how that speaker's finish *rubbed* off but I will vouch that Polk goes above and beyond testing to make sure that their speaker will last in any known enviorment. Trust me, I saw it with my own eyes. Whatever they use, in any way, I can garuntee from what I saw in their HQ that it will last.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jkratzer
    jkratzer Posts: 148
    edited October 2003
    Options
    You know, after reading the title of this thread, I went downstairs to look at my black RTi70s. I looked long and hard. I still think the black finish is beautiful. I love the grain in the wood and not having the white etches like in the RTXXXXi line. The finish was so shiny I could see reflections in it from my seating position. I think it looked classy. If you don't like the look then just go buy something else but there is no need to trash the finish with threads like this.
    My 7.1 setup consists of:
    Denon 3803
    Panasonic DVD
    RTi70s front
    CSi40 front center
    RTi28s side surround
    FXi30s back surround
    PSW202 Subwoofer - Hey, it's my first sub!
    RCA 46" 4:3 RPTV
  • hank1105
    hank1105 Posts: 63
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Couldn't agree with you more jkratzer. The only reason I didn't get the cherry was that the center would have been black and the FXi's would have been black, I wanted everything the same color. If they offered all my speakers in cherry I would have gone that route. In any event this purchase has still been one of my best investments.

One more thing, my SVS is black, back then they didn't offer the other color selection like they do now.

Hank
    My 7.1 System:

Fronts: Polk RTi70's
    Center: Polk CSi40
    Surround Sides: Polk FXi50's
    Surround Backs: Polk RTi38's
    Sub: SVS PB1-ISD

Receiver: Sony STR-DA7ES

SAT Receiver: Sony SAT 200B
    HDTV: Panasonic CT-36HX42
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Turbota
    These Polk speakers were delivered to my address in Phoenix, so I have never even laid eyes on them yet. Well, today I made a trip to the local Circuit City here in Alabama.
    Totally unrelated to the thread, but where do you live?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Turbota
    Turbota Posts: 255
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by jkratzer
    You know, after reading the title of this thread, I went downstairs to look at my black RTi70s. I looked long and hard. I still think the black finish is beautiful. I love the grain in the wood and not having the white etches like in the RTXXXXi line. The finish was so shiny I could see reflections in it from my seating position. I think it looked classy. If you don't like the look then just go buy something else but there is no need to trash the finish with threads like this.

I am not trying to hurt anyones feelings here. Hey, I purchased a set of 70s myself. For all I know, a NEW set of RTi70s (black or cherry for that matter) may look very nice out of the box.

All I am saying is that the 70s I saw at CC looked poor. Granted, they were well beat-up, but nonetheless, the finish did not look like actual hardwood veneer by any stretch of the imagination.

I am sorry if Polk takes offense to this thread. If I wanted to just take pop-shots at Polk, I would had never purchased both a set of 70s and a set of 38s in the first place. I certainly have other things I can do with my money.

Again, I may be very wrong about all of this, I am merely telling you what I thought of the 70s I saw at CC that day.

If the moderators what to delete this intire thread, that's fine with me. They manage this board, I am just an occasional user.
    2-Channel Audio
    Onkyo ... A-9050 . . .Integrated Amp. (Power Amp Section not Used)
    Onkyo ... M-282 . ... Power Amps .(Pair)
    Onkyo ... C-7030 . _.CD Player
    Polk . . *. RTi A7 - ....Front Speakers
    Polk . . *. RTi A3 - ....Rear Speakers
  • eclypse
    eclypse Posts: 595
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I just bought a pair of 70's in cherry. They look awesome! I ment to buy the black like i did with the other 70's i got sitting here going back cause i spent 600 on them.. the new ones only 300. Anyways.. My wife and i were shocked at how good the cherry 70's look.. And when i was putting the spikes on when the speakers were laying own i noticed that you see that the wood was stained that color cause when they applied the stain it bled over the bottom edge.. So i'm sorry but its garrentied wood..Plus you can see where the veneer and MDF meet from that angle as well.

When you get yours take a look for yourslef... its not machined.. its man stained freakin wood.
    Full 5 channel set of Polk Audio
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Mits WD-82842 82" DLP 3DTV
    Denon AVR-3313CI Receiver
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Emotiva XPA-2/Fronts XPA-3 Center-surrounds
    Oppo 103

Loving the new Family! :)
  • Turbota
    Turbota Posts: 255
    edited October 2003
    Options
    eclypse ...

Sounds good to me. :)
    2-Channel Audio
    Onkyo ... A-9050 . . .Integrated Amp. (Power Amp Section not Used)
    Onkyo ... M-282 . ... Power Amps .(Pair)
    Onkyo ... C-7030 . _.CD Player
    Polk . . *. RTi A7 - ....Front Speakers
    Polk . . *. RTi A3 - ....Rear Speakers
  • eclypse
    eclypse Posts: 595
    edited October 2003
    Options
    :) Enjoy those new speakers!
    Full 5 channel set of Polk Audio
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Mits WD-82842 82" DLP 3DTV
    Denon AVR-3313CI Receiver
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Emotiva XPA-2/Fronts XPA-3 Center-surrounds
    Oppo 103

Loving the new Family! :)
  • aba4430
    aba4430 Posts: 80
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Team,
    There must be a goof up. I have the RTi100, CSi40, FXi30 for our family room and the RTi38 and AB755's for my living room (no center channel there as yet). Except for the FXi30's which Polk states is vinyl finished, all the other Polk's look beautiful in their wood veneer finishes. The FXi's are also finished quite well. Could it have been that Turbota saw the R50's (vinyl) and mistook them for RTi70's. This is goofy, but............
    Regards,
    aba4430
  • aba4430
    aba4430 Posts: 80
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Team,
    Minor clarification to my post above. The AB755's are in-walls.
    Regards,
    aba4430
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I did the same thing lastnight, I looked at mine and they are real wood veneer. It could be that the ones at CC had been abused and repainted or something who knows I'm sure you'll love the looks and deff. love the sound.

Good luck
    Dave
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited October 2003
    Options
    cant tell on my 70's. Majority Wins! :p
    Life without music would
  • VR3
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I like the looks, no complaints here. Personally like the off set white scratches though.....

Also like the new flat base oak....
  • jkratzer
    jkratzer Posts: 148
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    ...Personally like the off set white scratches though.....

LOL! If I wanted "offset white scratches" on my speaker's finish I'd let my cat go at my RTi70s. :)

Just kidding. I'm glad you like the look also. It seems most do.
    My 7.1 setup consists of:
    Denon 3803
    Panasonic DVD
    RTi70s front
    CSi40 front center
    RTi28s side surround
    FXi30s back surround
    PSW202 Subwoofer - Hey, it's my first sub!
    RCA 46" 4:3 RPTV