Sony SS M3's with factory stands

Options
DollarDave
DollarDave Posts: 2,575
Sony SS-M3's $265 with factory stands

If you are not familiar with the Sony's, do yourself a favor and research them. These are not your typical Sony speakers, they are very highly regarded. I just don't have room for 13 sets of speakers in my new home. On third thought, I think that is closer to 18 sets.

I am certainly open to trades, particularily for a tube pre amp. I have lots of other gear that is available, too.

These are for local inspection, audition, and pickup only in the Katy-Houston, TX area.

Pics -
DSCN4610.jpg
DSCN4611.jpg
DSCN4612.jpg
DSCN4613.jpg
DSCN4615.jpg
DSCN4617.jpg
Post edited by DollarDave on

Comments

• BeefJerky
    BeefJerky Posts: 1,319
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Any idea how these sound in comparison to the LSi's?
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,196
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Dang, if only I were close to you. Perfect match to my SS-M9.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Pycroft
    Pycroft Posts: 1,960
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Perfect match for my M9's too. Good luck with the sale!

James
    2 Channel/HT:
    Sony SS-M9 P's (ES version)
    Sony SS-M1CN Center Channel
    Polk RT800 Surround Speakers
    Odyssey Stratos Dual Mono Amplifiers
    TAD 150 Signature Tube Preamp
    Harman Kardon HK354
    Sony SACD Player
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2012
    Options
    BeefJerky wrote: »
    Any idea how these sound in comparison to the LSi's?

I have never done a side-by-side comparission, but a former Polk engineer designed this line for Sony.

I can say they are a very accurate speaker with a solid bass. They are some of the heaviest bookshelf speakers that you will ever run across. They are bi-ampable, too. You are welcome to audition them pretty much any time.
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Very cool looking cabs on these sony's. I never saw these before
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Very cool looking cabs on these sony's. I never saw these before

They are rare. And, they are some of the nicest Cherry cabs that you will ever find.
  • audiocr381ve
    audiocr381ve Posts: 2,588
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This might sound cliche, but I would pick these up if I were near you and had extra money to spend :)

Free bump, GLWTS
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If you decide to ship, I would be interested.
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Big Dawg wrote: »
    If you decide to ship, I would be interested.

The thing is, if I was willing to ship, these would bring considerably more than $265 in excellent condition and with stands. This is a market adjusted price.

It's too bad that we don't give a dollar to posters who post in nearly (it seems) for sale thread that if they "just had the money, and these were closer..". I'm not addressing anyone in particular, but seriously, hundreds of us audio enthusiasts could post the same thing. Just post if you are interested and can meet the other criteria of the sale, such as local auditions and pickup.

As for how they sound in comparission to XYZ speaker, all I can say is they sound different. They are a fantastic sounding and well regarded line of speakers that are distinctly different from anything else Sony has offered.
  • cubdog
    cubdog Posts: 835
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Great price. Sony hit a home run on this line of speakers.

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Bel Canto M300 mono blocks
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    A/D/S L710
  • Big Dawg
    edited February 2012
    Options
    DaveMuell wrote: »
    The thing is, if I was willing to ship, these would bring considerably more than $265 in excellent condition and with stands. This is a market adjusted price.

It's too bad that we don't give a dollar to posters who post in nearly (it seems) for sale thread that if they "just had the money, and these were closer..". I'm not addressing anyone in particular, but seriously, hundreds of us audio enthusiasts could post the same thing. Just post if you are interested and can meet the other criteria of the sale, such as local auditions and pickup.

As for how they sound in comparission to XYZ speaker, all I can say is they sound different. They are a fantastic sounding and well regarded line of speakers that are distinctly different from anything else Sony has offered.

Is there anyone close by in Texas that will be driving to Polk Fest and willing to store them in the meanwhile?
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Big Dawg wrote: »
    Is there anyone close by in Texas that will be driving to Polk Fest and willing to store them in the meanwhile?

I will be driving up to the DFW area March 6 and 7th. I could drop them off at RuSsMaN's place (he doesn't know this yet). Who is hosting the event, I will be spending most of my time in the Flower Mound area..
  • BeefJerky
    edited February 2012
    Options
    These are very tempting. However, I'm not sure I can purchase right away, so for now I don't want to commit to anything.

Right now, I'm very likely purchasing a new receiver to take full advantage of my LSi15's with per-speaker crossover settings rather than the global-only setting that my Pioneer Elite has. I'm also bidding on some SR6500s on fleabay. So, yeah, I don't want to overextend myself and commit to anything else right now. Sorry Dave!
  • Big Dawg
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I will be driving up to the DFW area March 6 and 7th. I could drop them off at RuSsMaN's place (he doesn't know this yet). Who is hosting the event, I will be spending most of my time in the Flower Mound area..

If we can work this out, I will take them, please.
  • Big Dawg
    edited February 2012
    Options
    BTW, I do have a Sound Valves tube preamp that I could trade if you are interested. I do need to have it serviced first, however.
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2012
    Options
    We'll work out the Dallas details. PM me more about the preamp.
  • Big Dawg
    edited February 2012
    Options
  • BeefJerky
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sounds like it is going to work out for you Big Dawg. Congrats!
  • classic carl
    classic carl Posts: 648
    edited March 2012
    Options
    BeefJerky wrote: »
    Sounds like it is going to work out for you Big Dawg. Congrats!

Cool! Congrats to both parties.
    Main System:
    Proton AA-1150 ~ Yamaha C-4 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Sennheiser HD600 ~ Monitor Audio Silver RS8 & FB210 ~ Martin Logan Dynamo ~ Teac R-919X ~ Marantz CD5003 ~ Squeezebox Classic ~ Music Hall dac25.2 ~ Dual 1229/Acutex M312 III STR ~ Music Hall mmf-5.1/Goldring 1012GX ~ Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0

Home Theater:
    Vizio V585-H11 ~ Yamaha RX-V800 ~ Furman Elite-15 DMi ~ Marantz DV6001 ~ EPI M90 ~ Polk Audio RT35i ~ CS400i ~ (2) Polk Audio PSW450

• DollarDave
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Cool! Congrats to both parties.

I haven't found anyone driving to Polk Fest from Texas yet...
  • PN28
    PN28 Posts: 5
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Darn, did I miss these? Please tell me you still have them.
  • DollarDave
    edited March 2012
    Options
    PN28 wrote: »
    Darn, did I miss these? Please tell me you still have them.

I do still have them. I need to give Big Dawg an opportunity to get back to me if he has found anyone that is driving up to Polk Fest from down here. He is a long-time member of this community..

I will PM him and once I hear back from him, I will respond to your e-mail. Thanks!
  • DollarDave
    edited March 2012
    Options
    And, BeefJerky also expessed interested.
  • PN28
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I understand Dave and thanks for the follow-up.
    I finally found someone around the Houston area that has just as many pairs of speakers. Now I don't feel so crazy :cheesygrin: Perhaps we can do a speaker exchange program.
  • DollarDave
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Big Dawg is working on a ride for them and I'm not in a hurry. We'll give him a while and see what he can work out.

So, for now, these are just being bumped up the list a bit.
  • DollarDave
    edited March 2012
    Options
    PN28 wrote: »
    I understand Dave and thanks for the follow-up.
    I finally found someone around the Houston area that has just as many pairs of speakers. Now I don't feel so crazy :cheesygrin: Perhaps we can do a speaker exchange program.

I just had to move all these, I had lost track of how many I really do have. Gear and speaks I didn't even unpack the last time. I'm game to swap stuff anytime, either trade or borrow!
  • PN28
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I just had to move all these, I had lost track of how many I really do have. Gear and speaks I didn't even unpack the last time. I'm game to swap stuff anytime, either trade or borrow!

Sounds good. I'll have to create an inventory of what I have as well. Will PM you with contact.
  • Big Dawg
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Thanks Dave. Still working on this, hope I get someone to help. If I can't work this out real soon, I'll back out and let someone more local enjoy them.
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I'm interested if Big Dawg gives them up.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • Big Dawg
    edited March 2012
    Options
    ESavinon wrote: »
    I'm interested if Big Dawg gives them up.

Aren't you local to me?