New Tweeter in the RTi line?

Options
brettw22
brettw22 Posts: 7,621
edited October 2003 in Speakers
Ok, so I dont' get it. We're all under the impression that the new tweet being used in the RTi line is a Vifa Dome tweet, but none of the specs or descriptions mention anything about a Vifa Tweet at all.......

RTi12, RTi10, RTi8, RTi6, & RTi4 list the same info for the tweet:
"1" silk dome tweeter with a neodymium magnets for clear, detailed highs; heat-sinked for superior heat dissipation, power handling and reliability."
and in Specs:
"Tweeter 1 - 1" Diameter (2.54cm)
Silk/Polymer composite dome"

If they're using a Vifa tweet, wouldn't they WANT to plaster that name all over the specs or am I missing something?
comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
Post edited by brettw22 on

Comments

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited October 2003
    Options
    LSi's don't say they are Vifa either. Average Joe has no idea what a Vifa is anyway. Polk probably doesn't want to confuse the consumer by telling them they get parts from other places than in-house.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,374
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Although Vifa/Scan Speak is a well respected company that makes some high quality speaker drivers, I don't see why its name would be relevant to Polk's marketing. Vifa makes a wide variety of average to good tweeters that a lot of speaker manufacturers and DIY enthusiasts use. By saying "We use Vifa tweeters!" in marketing, Polk would be begging the question "Well, you're a big comapny so why don't you make your own?"
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,068
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Focal makes Wilson Audio's drivers, but man that right there is NOT plastered on their website. Now is it? lol
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.