Vintage collection for sale on Craigslist - San Diego

Options
Beta
Beta Posts: 267
edited February 2012 in The Clubhouse
Thought this might be of interest. I would be driving down there to look if the family would sell individual pieces.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/2865271793.html
Post edited by Beta on

Comments

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Uh, you're going to ask him to do what he specifically stated he wouldn't do??

Wow, though, that's a pretty amazing collection!
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,173
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Wow!
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • Beta
    Beta Posts: 267
    edited February 2012
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Uh, you're going to ask him to do what he specifically stated he wouldn't do??

Nope. I apologize. Poor semantics on my part. I meant too bad they are not selling individual pieces. If they were, I would be calling them.
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Dang! They'll probably have a hard time selling it all as a whole lot though. Looks like some nice speakers there! A few sets of Vandersteen's there.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2012
    Options
    That dude is high. No one is going to buy the whole lot.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I guess dad really loved the rabbit hole. I wonder what the kids kept.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Nope. I apologize. Poor semantics on my part. I meant too bad they are not selling individual pieces. If they were, I would be calling them.
    Got it, now! Let's just say, good thing I'm on the opposite coast... I'd be tempted to make an offer!
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited February 2012
    Options
    They need to connect with a used audio store or big pawn shop. Can't imagine too many individuals with the interest and the $ who would want to buy it as a lot. On the other hand, maybe we should pool resources on a group buy......
  • Big Dawg
    Big Dawg Posts: 2,005
    edited February 2012
    Options
    chumlie wrote: »
    I guess dad really loved the rabbit hole. I wonder what the kids kept.

Nothing. No good new home theater gear there, only only stereo crap.
  • jim 249
    jim 249 Posts: 347
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Have you emailed for a price yet? Would be fun to know. Quite tempting though!
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Going to California with a aching in my heart (and a boatload of money):cheesygrin:
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)