Why you dont mess with IT Professionals, especially if your their child...

Options
13»

Comments

• bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Loved every minute of this. My sister is just like this but even at 21 she is still thinking it is all about her.

I love everything out that video. Down to the shooting of the laptop, that right there shows and proves he was not messing around.

The kid should of known there are ways to see even private postings.

She should have done one of the fallowing:

A. Vented directly to her friends instead of putting it online

B. Texted it to them

C. Kept a diary

D. Call friends
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • bigaudiofanatic
    bigaudiofanatic Posts: 4,415
    edited February 2012
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly... for the laptops my kids have for school and personal internet use (priorities not necessarily in that order), I've never bought a dime's worth of additional software.

Could be anti virus, could be microsoft office, could even be some kind of photo editing software for the camera she wanted. Unless you are pirating software, I find myself spending money of software maybe twice a year.
    HT setup
    Panasonic 50" TH-50PZ80U
    Denon DBP-1610
    Monster HTS 1650
    Carver A400X :cool:
    MIT Exp 3 Speaker Wire
    Kef 104/2
    URC MX-780 Remote
    Sonos Play 1

Living Room
    63 inch Samsung PN63C800YF
    Polk Surroundbar 3000
    Samsung BD-C7900
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,542
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Best part is how she got caught taken from the link a couple posts above:

I finally came out and told her this today, partly because it was too funny NOT to share.

When my daughter made her post, she used Facebook's privacy settings to block "Family" and "Church" friend's lists. All her other friends could see it. We, of course could not.

One of our dogs is always getting in photos and therefore has her own Facebook pa...ge. It's just a cute dumb thing we did for fun. Well, the dog's profile is rarely used except when funny pictures of her are posted. Since that's not too often, and she has very few friends on Facebook, her wall is kind of bare, with relatively few posts showing up on it.

The other night we gave the dog a bath and there was a funny photo we uploaded to Facebook and tagged her in. I logged in as the dog the next morning to comment on the photo. However when I logged into the dog's profile, my daughter had forgotten to add her to the "family" list.... so our family dog's profile showed her post right there on the front page.

It wasn't any parent-hacking, computer spying, or monitoring of any kind.. the dog actually ratted her out completely by accident. She hasn't petted that dog all day today...

Dog-gone it :wink:. Thats what you get for adding your family dog to your facebook :biggrin:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm going to refrain how I really feel about some of these posts and just say again, kudos to dad.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Now the guy is going to piss and moan that the press is hounding him for interviews!!! DUDE, the moment you decided to create a video of yourself blowing apart your daughter's laptop for being a **** on Facebook...you invited the press in. Like it or not, thats what the press does these days. That what talk shows do these days. They look for people like you doing what you did. When you posted it to Youtube, you invited the WORLD in to criticize you! Being an IT Professional, he should know full well that thats what happens. Doesn't take a genius.

Keep the stuff private behind closed doors! Just cause your daughter does it on Facebook, doesn't mean you should!
    No excuses!
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited February 2012
    Options
    jesse posted the updaet site that clears up some of the assumptions that many of you have leapt to....
    He missed with one, too. Pretty sad.
    He didn't miss.....one of the shots is right next to the HP logo in the lower left corner.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2012
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly... for the laptops my kids have for school and personal internet use (priorities not necessarily in that order), I've never bought a dime's worth of additional software.

Maybe he wanted to (legally) upgrade it to Windows 7. And, we'll say, tossed in some extra memory.
    Ludicrous gibs!