Your opinion please

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited October 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
Toyota Tundra, db6500's in front, dx6510's rear access doors, the 6510 will not fit in the front so I want to put them in the back. Someone told me putting the tweeter in the back will mess up my sound stage?????? Running a Rockford pro 10 sub, Alpine HU, Alpine 4 channel, Kenwood for the sub. Alpine ERAG320 sound processor. Will it sound O.K. with both sets of seperates front and rear. I happen to like that full surround so for me it may work but I would really like to hear your opinions. Thanks for all input.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    u can do comps both front and back -- wont be a problem -- just stage it right (fade front to rear) thats all -- it should sound good.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    just be sure you play with it before you make any holes for the tweets, use some double sided tape or something and listen to them in different locations :D have fun :D and always make it sould how you like it, screw what other people think your soundstage should be do what sounds good to you.
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited October 2003
    Thanks guys I feel a whole lot better about my install now, can't wait to get these hooked up. How important is too dynamat the doors, does it make a huge difference?????
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    unless youre going for spl competitions...which i doubt you are...then its not that important...put some where the speaker bolts to the doors to make sure there's no rattles...they sale those just for doors with the hole cut out at best buy
    other than that...no biggy
    -Cody
  • sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    hey...i just noticed i had over a 1000 posts...wow...i have no life...
    -Cody
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited October 2003
    hey - i'm less than 100 away from 2,000 -- i really have no life.
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    If you get a lot of road noise in your tundra the dynamat might be a good idea, it'll cut down the noise coming through the panel, as i'm sure you know metal isn't a verry good soundbarrier...

hey PBD ya like my new sig??
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited October 2003
    bahahahaha !!!! i love it!!! :)

its the monster from the great depths of the Mopar Lagoon... descendant of the mighty 385 which is terrifying in itself...