SVS cylinder or box?

Options
2»

Comments

• Rotarydude
    Rotarydude Posts: 40
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I have the 20-39PC+, and let me tell you right now. WAF is very low with this thing. The minute I opened the box, the first sentence from my wife's mouth was. "Oh hell no, you are NOT putting that thing in my family room!" It took hours and hours of harsh negotiation for me to keep this one. But it was well worth it. However I doubt I can 'negotiate' a second one!

As for performance. This $800 unit is out best the multi-thousand subs. I couldn't be more happier. However with my set-up I only use my SVS for movies, and I have never really heard of any music that extend beyond 40hz. So even if I did turn on my subwoofer during music playback, it stays pretty quiet(to some degree).
    Family room:
    2xLSi25, 1xLSiC, 4xLSiFX, SVS 20-39PC+, PT-52DL52, TS160, DTR 9.1, DVR985, DVL-700, CDP-C910, Panamax 5500 connected by Canare (4S11 w/Vampire and L-5CFB)

Masterbed room:
    2xAR312-HO, 1xAR4C, 2xAR15, NHT Subone, WT-46805, SR-HD500, M-VR900, Denon 1600, Monster HTS-3500 connected by Monster Cables

Waiting:
    Denon 5900, Denon 2200, and a 7 Channel 4ohm stable amp!
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2003
    Options
    These subs are monsters. It's not just a WAF. Definitely not something that hides in the corner. I mean floorstanding speakers are usually finished in furniture quality woods and veneers with a lot of thought put in to form. I love the way my LS90's look. The SVS subs are more about function over form. And in that regard they are extremely successful.
  • Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited October 2003
    Options
    But now look at the following SVS models:

SS
    PB1-Plus
    PB2-Ultra
    B4-Plus

All hand finished furniture grade American hardwood veneers sourced and built right in Ohio.

Still form follows function? Absolutely. Now gorgeous as well? Absolutely again.

If you don't lust after any of these bad boys after viewing the pics, you need a testosterone shot.

And the WAF will be significantly higher than the textured finish of the PB1 and PB2+ or the black fabric of the other cylinders.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • wallstreet
    wallstreet Posts: 1,405
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Damnit doc, I'm trying not to buy one of these beasts!
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Dr. Spec
    If they are co-located, they still beat all newcomers except the B4+, dual Ultra's, dual SS', and possibly the PB2-Ultra.

In my smaller HT room as compared to where I was I can not imagine anything more than I have. ****!!!... I now have them colocated in the corner and I shake the opposite end of the upstairs. I have turned everthing down and still its amazing.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***