Pristine CRS+

Options
DollarDave
DollarDave Posts: 2,575
Okay, I picked up a pair of CRS+ today that I paid for some time ago. They are in as near of mint condition as you will find and come with the interconnect. While I am quite happy about that, I already have a pair that I have upgraded and will keep (this time).

I am moving from the DFW area back to Katy, TX (near Houston) and will be in Dallas until Tuesday noon for a convention. I will then travel over to Granbury (south of Fort Worth) until Friday noon. Then, I am moving to Katy. All this only matters if you are in either DFW or Houston and want these.

I haven't hooked these up yet, but will completely refund your investment if they aren't 100%. Please, save everyone the head-shaking and don't ask me to ship them.

I paid $325 for these and I will pass that on to the next owner. I would trade for similar value if you have something that would really interest me (like a B&K amp).
Post edited by DollarDave on

Comments

• Neskahi
    Neskahi Posts: 297
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I want em, but not enough time to travel to Dallas. Good luck with the sale. And as is usually asked, if you change your about shipping with the drivers removed, and on your own time frame, let me know.:cheesygrin: Couldn't resist.
    SDA 2.3/RDO's... xovers by Ben
    SDA 2.3TL/Stock..
    SDA 1C/Solens/RDO's [gave to my Uncle]
    SDA 2B RDO's
    Snell Type CV
    SDA 1.2TL's
    GFA7700 Adcom
    GFP750 Adcom
    TFM55X Carver
    M90 Pioneer/C90 Pre
    M91 x 2 Pioneers/C91 Pre
    Yaqin MC10l
    DCD-1520/1560/2560 Denon
    Marantz DVD-8400
    Carver m1.5T
    DV-79avi Pioneer
    TFM35X x 2
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Are stands included?
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • DollarDave
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Maybe. I was thinking I might keep them.. But, I can be influenced to change my mind..
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Are they pin/blade or blade/blade?
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • DollarDave
    edited January 2012
    Options
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited January 2012
    Options
    DaveMuell wrote: »
    Blade/blade

Thanks, I've got a pair of those. Nice imaging speakers for sure.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • quadzilla
    quadzilla Posts: 1,543
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Man Dave, and I never even made it over to hear your set up. If I ever get down around Katy again (they have state time trials around there some times) I'll have to look you up.
    Turntable: Empire 208
    Arm: Rega 300
    Cart: Shelter 501 III
    Phono Pre: Aural Thrills
    Digital: Pioneer DV-79ai
    Pre: Conrad Johnson ET3 SE
    Amp: Conrad Johnson Evolution 2000
    Cables: Cardas Neutral Reference
    Speakers: SDA 2.3TL, heavily modified
  • DollarDave
    edited January 2012
    Options
    quadzilla wrote: »
    Man Dave, and I never even made it over to hear your set up. If I ever get down around Katy again (they have state time trials around there some times) I'll have to look you up.

How about I meet you tomorrow and drop these off for you? You really NEED two pairs.
  • DollarDave
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Did I mention that I also have a minty pair of Sony SS-M3's with stands and a set of Design Acustics DA-10s in excellent condition?

Last change for DFW area polkers to grab any or all three of these...I'm out of here this weekend..
  • SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Did I mention that I also have a minty pair of Sony SS-M3's with stands and a set of Design Acustics DA-10s in excellent condition?

Last change for DFW area polkers to grab any or all three of these...I'm out of here this weekend..

Outta here? Where you headed if I might ask? Just general direction is all.
    Too much **** to list....
  • DollarDave
    edited January 2012
    Options
    SDA1C wrote: »
    Outta here? Where you headed if I might ask? Just general direction is all.

Refer to post number 1...I guess that would be south.
  • quadzilla
    quadzilla Posts: 1,543
    edited January 2012
    Options
    How about I meet you tomorrow and drop these off for you? You really NEED two pairs.

Call me if you've still got my number. Let me check with a friend that's fallen in love with SDAs and will be doing a small 2 channel room later. He might want them.
    Turntable: Empire 208
    Arm: Rega 300
    Cart: Shelter 501 III
    Phono Pre: Aural Thrills
    Digital: Pioneer DV-79ai
    Pre: Conrad Johnson ET3 SE
    Amp: Conrad Johnson Evolution 2000
    Cables: Cardas Neutral Reference
    Speakers: SDA 2.3TL, heavily modified
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Man, if I was down there and wearing shitkickers, I'd "mosey" right on over to Dave's spread and pick up those little doggies.

But, I'm a tenderfoot.
  • SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Refer to post number 1...I guess that would be south.
    LOL Duh! Flew right past that paragraph. Is that anywhere near Rosebud? Where's my map???

Man! You're going right through there! And out pops the devil one one shoulder and an angel on the other.
    Too much **** to list....
  • DollarDave
    edited January 2012
    Options
    quadzilla wrote: »
    Call me if you've still got my number. Let me check with a friend that's fallen in love with SDAs and will be doing a small 2 channel room later. He might want them.

I switched phones and you know the rest of the story. I PM'd you my e-mail and cell.
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm in the Katy-Houston area now if anyone down here is interested in either the Sony SS-M3's (with factory stands), or the CRS+'s.
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Business trip to Flower Mound scheduled for the 5th - 6th of March. I will travel up through College Station and Waco on my way.

Factory stands are included with both the Sony SS-M3's and the CRS+'s.
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2012
    Options
    CRS+ $325 with stands

CRS+ pics -

DSCN4619.jpg
    DSCN4621.jpg
    DSCN4622.jpg
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The Sony's price is $300 with stands

SS-M3 Pics -
    DSCN4610.jpg
    DSCN4611.jpg
    DSCN4612.jpg
    DSCN4613.jpg
    DSCN4615.jpg
    DSCN4617.jpg
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just out of curiosity....are those SDA-CRS+ "TL'able" ?
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2012
    Options
    gdb wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity....are those SDA-CRS+ "TL'able" ?

I might be mistaken, but I don't think so as they have the blade-blade IC. I have the schematics for all the SDA x-overs, and I can't figure out why one can be and the other can't.

Both of these are for local inspection, audition, and pickup only.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,906
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think these can be tl'ed maybe Jesse (F1nut) will chime in as I know he would know 100%..
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited February 2012
    Options
    As I said, just curious, good luck placing them in a new, loving home!
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sunday bump.

Polk CRS+'s now $300

Sony SS-M3's now $275

If you are not familiar with the Sony's, do yourself a favor and research them. These are not your typical Sony speakers, they are very highly regarded. I just don't have room for 13 sets of speakers in my new home. On third thought, I think that is closer to 18 sets.

I am certainly open to trades, particularily for a tube pre amp. I have lots of other gear that is available, too.
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2012
    Options
    DSkip, I'll be up in Flower Mound on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday. I would love to drop them off. You can store or use them for as long as you want and when you decide you want them for keeps, just buy or trade for them.
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have a set of RDO-194's that I would drop into these for the same $300, which includes the stands.

Sony's are still available.

Both for local sale or trade.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,479
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have a set of RDO-194's that I would drop into these for the same $300, which includes the stands.

Dave,

I'm interested in the CRS's. Are you still traveling to Flower Mound in March?

John
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • DollarDave
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yes, travelling up that way on the 6th meeting on the 7th, and then back down to Katy that afternoon. In other words, we can most likely work a time out to fit your schedule.
  • JayCee
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Great. You can definitely consider these sold. I'll be heading down from Wichita Falls so there's no problem meeting wherever is convenient for you. Is COD okay or do you want something up front? Please PM me the details and we can take it from there.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • JayCee
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Dave,

The speakers are in their new home and sound great. As you commented, the bass is amazing for their size. I did a side-by-side comparison w/my original CRS's and there's no contest. Much better overall sound, imaging and bottom end. I've paired them w/a sub and am really pleased. In time, I'm definitely going to upgrade the XO's and refinish w/wood veneer.

I pulled the drivers and measured the polyfill for you. A bit hard to determine the exact measurements because of expansion after it was cut, but feel comfortable with: HxWxD=9"x13"x3" to 3.5". The polyfill was placed behind the PR and molded around 1 of the 2 XO's...the set you kept have the single board. Here are pictures of how it was contoured around the board and measurement of the depth:

IMG_1857.jpg
    IMG_1861.jpg

Hope this helps. Thanks for bringing these north and it was a pleasure meeting you.

John