breaking in a mm2124 sub.

Options
dieboy
dieboy Posts: 1
edited October 2003 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I know this is covered allot, but I am kind of nervous about getting break in right.

I picked up a MM2124 sub a month ago, finally got around to finishing its fiberglass home. Right now I have it running at 125watts RMS single channel @4 ohms ( middle gain level ). Never going above half way on the deck volume. It sounds real nice, hits clear, and sounds good. I plan on changing the rms watts over to 460wrms @ 4 ohms bridged soon, its been approx. 30 odd hours of break in period. Should I leave it at 125wrms and turn it up from there for a while, or can I just hop to the 460wrms?

In addition, I'm very pleased with the sound quality, and am thinking of picking up one more.
Post edited by dieboy on

Comments

• C-Man
    C-Man Posts: 307
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Personally, I would crank it up to the 460 and leave the gain low. Gradually turn the gain up over a period of time... I believe Polk recommends 40 hours so maybe over the next 10-20 hours turn the gain up gradually until you get it to the volume you want it. If that makes sense.
    Basically just turn your head unit up between 2/3 and 3/4 of full volume, or whatever you want to be your max... usually just before your front speakers will start to distort. Start out with the gain about 1/4 of the way up and increase from there until the bass is perfect for you without distortion, and with your head unit at this level. Should work very well, especially since you've already broken the sub in for a while.
    "The Big C"