RTI Speaker setup

Options
rookiejk
rookiejk Posts: 60
edited October 2003 in Speakers
I am trying to decide whether to buy Fxi30s or the new RTi6s for my surround speakers. I was told that this purchase all depends on the size and shape of the room you will be using them in. My living room is approximately 18x22 and has vaulted ceilings that raise from 9ft to 20ft. These surround speakers will be mounted on the rear walls at approximately 8ft. I will likely only be running a 5.1 setup for now. My main speakers are going to be the new Rti12s and the center is a Csi5. Both of them will be cherry wood cabinets. The Fxi30 does come in cherry and the Rti6 does. Is there some sound advantage to the bi/di pole speakers that would overcome my desire to buy the matching cherry wood Rti6s? I am kinda a newby at this stuff, but am learning, so lots of advice would be great.
Thanks.
Receiver: B&K AVR505
Fronts: Lsi25s
Center: Lsic
Surround: LsiXs
TV: 57'' RP Toshiba
Post edited by rookiejk on

Comments

• Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
    edited October 2003
    Options
    If it were me, if you are going to go with the NEW RTi, stick to the NEW RTi. If I'm not mistaken, I beleive the tweeters are different. So try and stick with the same line. Thats my $.02
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • eclypse
    eclypse Posts: 595
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Yeah keep it all the same.. Besides.. if ya want to try out those bi/di poled speakers for the rear channel, you should think about the new matching Fxi3 or better for your setup the Fxi5.. They cost some serious dough at around 500 a pair.

I too was thinking about trying out the bi/di pole speakers and was going to grab up a pair of the Fxi30's and when i seen how small they were i said not! hehe.. Sorry they just look like toys to me compaired to the rest of my set.. If they were the 50's then maybe.

THough if it was me i'd just grab a pair of the Rti6's for now to match that set and later on pick up the FXi5's for the side surrounds when you want to go to a 7.1.. That way those speakers will drop in price by then.
    Full 5 channel set of Polk Audio
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Mits WD-82842 82" DLP 3DTV
    Denon AVR-3313CI Receiver
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Emotiva XPA-2/Fronts XPA-3 Center-surrounds
    Oppo 103

Loving the new Family! :)