Stacked Review (Soon To Come)

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,052
edited October 2003 in Speakers
This isn't the review. Just an update, but the review will come, very shortly.

This has been a weird day. I feel dumb that I did not check the crossover of my RT35i before jumping to the conclusion the tweeter was blown. Infact, a piece of the crossover had come unsoldered. Just one side. So i took 2 pieces of clear duct tape (stripped down so it wasn't so big) and taped it back. I will get it soldered later on by a family member. So right now it is up and running.

My first conclusions were this. "WOW! Where did the highs come from? I am serious, the Tri Lam took something dry and made it a male dog on a tree. Way more alive. However, I noticed that the left speaker being right up on the wall and the right being 2 or 3 feet from the wall, it plays much louder and has more bass. So I had to calibrate by ear for a minute, now it is up and running. The mids, my oh my, the mids. Where to start, much more open. The hiss/brightness between the mids and highs is now completely gone! So much easier to listen to now. I personally don't like the RT35i or the RTi70 alone, but together...I have no complaints. Yet. The bass is about the same, maybe a tad louder. The highs are crystal, crisp, and smooth. The smoothness of the silk, and the detail of the tri lam......blend very very well. Just first conclusions. The full review will be later on. Much later on. Will do very exstensive listening and writing down my feelings on various cd's to see if my opinion stays the same. Keep tune.
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.