bi-amp

Options
paymontana
paymontana Posts: 234
If i were to buy a 7 ch amp could i use it and the 7ch amp out of my reciever to biamp my speakers?

Thankyou
CJ
"It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ****."
Post edited by paymontana on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Does your AVR have pre-outs for all 7 channels?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • paymontana
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Yes it does have all 7 pre's but it is currently not working. This think is brand new. It is factory refurbished but for "minor cosmetic flaws" . I think i got the shaft! Any one know how i should handle this! My temper is in check for now!

Thanks
    CJ
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Factory refurbished carries full warranty, so other than a little hassel, you should not be out anything.

Contact where you bought it and see where it leads...

Back to your original question.... yes...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited October 2003
    Options
    What receiver do you have? I'm guessing HK. Do you have to select the multi-channel outputs before they will work? Will both power and preouts work at the same time? Read that manual.
    Graham
  • paymontana
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I figured out the multichannel deal but this is something else. It was working in stereo mode when i shut it down last night. When i fired it up there was nothing. Then it surged and shut down. It happend befor when i first hooked it up but i thaught it was a wiring problem, now i don't know.

CJ
  • gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Check all the speaker connections carefully, it appears to be short. If not talk to the company.
    Graham