Polk/MOMO Escape

Soccerstar
Soccerstar Posts: 1
edited October 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a 2003 midnight edition Ford Escape and i wanted to know how much those custom kickpanels you have in the Polk Escape? I also like to know how you got the speakers in the tailgate and the center channel on the dash. Will it be costing an arm and a leg??

Thx for your help
Post edited by Soccerstar on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    it probably only cost them what it cost in materials...they do all their stuff (for the most part) themselves...the custom glassing and stuff like that...your best bet is to print out the pics, take them to your local fiber glassing ppl...and get an estimate
    -Cody
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited October 2003
    None of our Escapes had kick panels in them, I did one set in Ken Littlefield's Escape years ago and they weren't too bad but they stuck out a bit more than I prefer. In order to get an idea of what you'll pay for any install you'll need to talk to the shop doing the work.

The center channel in those vehicles is probably the easiest thing to do. The dash is plastic so you can knife out whatever opening you need for the speaker and then make a baffle to make it look pretty. CarSound magazine had a yellow Escape demo vehicle and they just slapped a speaker on the dash. I think it was a 6 x 9", and didn't look too bad.