Nice Technics SA 5570 85w/ch vintage AM FM receiver

Options
geppy1
geppy1 Posts: 3,071
Have holiday money to spend.?? Here is a nice way to do it. Very nice Technics SA 5570 stereo receiver from 1976-77 . This receiver is rated at 85 real watts per channel with a wonderfull tuner section that picked up 18 stations without an antena. Another 1991 well respected receiver picked up TWO. The receiver has a 4 gang tuner and super sensitive reception. The receiver has inputs for phono, aux, 2 tape loops . Also bass and treble, loudness, high blend. etc Volume knob has a very nice feel. Everything works all lights, switches etc. Like any older unit one could clean the switches but it works well as is. It is in very nice shape The original power cord has been repaired as I was using a detachable with it. The front panel is very clean as is most of the wood case. There is one small gouge on the center rear and a smaller one on the top side edge. There is some peeling way back on the lower rear corners a little alng the bottom edge but that is it. Overall very nice I just mention it for full disclosure. Sad to say I have found that vintage gear is just more musical and sounds better then alot of the stuff made today. Asking $130 Thanks,Keith
Post edited by geppy1 on

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,108
    edited January 2012
    Options
    A nice - and uncommon - piece. Much nicer than the later SA-x00 and SA-x0x lines of Technics receivers (IMNSHO, of course).
  • jackh1111
    jackh1111 Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Hi Keith,

Is the Technics SA-5570 still available? Does your price include shipping? Thanks...Jack
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Have to agree with Mark, above. I have this model and not only is it purdy, it's pretty powerful and smooth sounding. Also pretty hefty at close to 40 lbs. if I'm not mistaken?

The only thing that trumps this is the TOTL SA-5760/5770--not so much in purity of sound but in raw power. I'd have to rate this up there with my vintage Yamaha and Harman Kardon. Each is a bit different but all of them are very nice pieces.

Price is well below what this thing would bring on ebay. Believe me!

GLWTS! and a "bump"!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • jackh1111
    jackh1111 Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Keith,

Is the Technics SA-5570 still for sale. Thanks...Jack
  • geppy1
    edited March 2012
    Options
    No but I have an even nicer Pioneeer SX 850
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,488
    edited April 2012
    Options
    130.00 item. does it include shipping. 40lbs. well let me think about that..
    Randy/Maine
  • geppy1
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The Technics was SOLD Only have pioneer SX 939 left.