surrounds for 55i

Options
chuckde
chuckde Posts: 6
edited October 2003 in Speakers
what surrounds should i get to match my rt55i's? with the new line coming out, i'm wondering if i should go with something like the rti28 or 38 while they're on sale, or if i should look on the forum and ebay for the 25i, 35i, etc. i know the website suggests the f/x500i, but i can't find them anywhere. also, theres another pair of 55i's on ebay right now that i'm considering. any suggestions?
Post edited by chuckde on

Comments

• ohrbrcko
    ohrbrcko Posts: 8
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I too have a pair of Rt55s. Here is what I did. I purchased Klipsch new reference line surround speakers and center channel. I am not that much of a purest as other audiophiles. I listen to music about 80% of the time (2 channel) so I want my main speakers ie the Rt 55s to be the best quality possible. Since the surround sounds carry what I consider less important sound information (again I am mostly a 2 channel guy), I took the liberty of going outside the same family of speakers. I dare say, it all sounds fine to me when I watch movies. I can't tell that my mains are different from the surround sound/center speaker(s). As for my sub, I am almost a phone call away from ordering the HSU VT2. Meanwhile, as soon as I see a few reviews of Polk's new Rti line of speakers, I will probably upgrade my 55s to the new 10s. However, if the reviews are less than stellar, I will opt for Axioms mti 60s. Bottomline, more opportunities to spend my kid's inheritance. LOL