does anyone know where....

Options
paymontana
paymontana Posts: 234
edited October 2003 in Speakers
i can get a set of used bose 701's in cherry? I need them for speaker stands for my lsi9's. Do you think they are strong enough? HeHeHe!

On a more serious note. What is the optimal power range for the lsi9's? I am hiting them with 100@ 8ohm frm my Onk. Can I make them sound better?
Thank you
CJ
"It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ****."
Post edited by paymontana on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited October 2003
    Options
    You can make them sound better. A true 100wpc is fine, but I doubt your oink is giving it to those 9's. Those 4ohm (even 2ohms on occasion) 9's are probably sucking your oink dry.

Although being sucked dry is often a good thing, it's not when it comes to this stuff.

Check into getting a seperate amp if your oink has pre-amp outputs. You'd be suprised what you can find for a few hundred clams that will feed your LSi's with a healthy diet of current and power.

Then from that point you could get a nice pre-amp and then you'll be golden.

If no pre outputs, some real beefy power with a high current power supply (IE, new reciever, or seperates) would make em sing.
  • paymontana
    paymontana Posts: 234
    edited October 2003
    Options
    How do I know if they are true 100wpc? I do have preouts. I am currently looking for a 5 or 7ch amp for under 600$. any suggestions?
    Thank you
    CJ
    "It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ****."
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by paymontana
    I do have preouts. I am currently looking for a 5 or 7ch amp for under 600$. any suggestions?
    Thank you
    CJ

Rotel, Parasound, B&K, Adcom, NAD, and there are many more good choices. Those are just a few from the top of my head.

Search ebay for multi channel amps. You'll be sure to find a decent deal there. :)

Good luck.