Internet Justice

Options
MacLeod
MacLeod Posts: 14,358
edited December 2011 in The Clubhouse
This has been making the rounds on the tech forums today and its just priceless. The short version is some dude preorders a couple controllers and emails the CS or PR guy to ask when its actually going to be delivered since its been over 2 months. The guys a total tool. The customer emails a grouchy email back and the PR dude goes off on him with some of the worst grammer and typing skills youve ever seen. The guy that runs Penny Arcade which is a techie blog with a good size following, gets involved when the customer emails him. The PR guy goes off on him as well. The guy that runs Penny Arcade posts this on his website and the wrath ensues. Its all over the internet, the guys been fired, rage everywhere. I love it!

Here is the emails between them.

This is a post on Penny Arcade a little while ago (website is down right now)
Originally Posted by pennyarcade
I just wanted to post an update with some of the stuff that has happened over on my end with regards to all this Ocean Marketing stuff.

Around midnight last night Paul sent me a mail saying that I could expect to hear from their attorneys. As of right now that still has not happened and honestly I don?t expect it will. Our attorneys (who are real people with an office and everything) are ready should it get to that point though.

At 7:12am this morning I got another mail from Paul. It was one line and simply said:

?You have the power Mike Please make it stop?

The reality is that once I had posted the emails I didn?t have the power anymore. The Internet had it now and nothing I said or did was going to change that.

An hour later I got a more complete apology:

Hey Mike,

I just wanted to apologize for the way our emails progressed I didn?t know how big your site was and I really didn?t believe you ran Pax , So for what?s its worth I am very sorry. Your post has obviously made my life very difficult and I have not slept yet dealing with all the spam and personal information intrusion as well as my family being smeared on the internet.

If you can please accept my apology and anything you can do to help if not me my son and wife please do. I have apologized to Dave and apologized to you what else can I do please tell me so I can make things good. I obviously care or I would not be emailing you.

I think there is a big difference between being sorry and being sorry you got caught. I have a real problem with bullies. I spent my childhood moving from school to school and I got made fun of everyplace I landed. I feel like Paul is a bully and maybe that?s why I have no sympathy here. Someday every bully meets and even bigger bully and maybe that?s me in this case. It?s the same thing that happened with Jack Thompson. It might not always make the most business sense and it is a policy that has caused us some legal problems, but I really don?t give a **** about that. When these **** threaten me or Penny Arcade I just laugh. I will personally burn everything I?ve made to the **** ground if I think I can catch them in the flames.

-Gabe out

Another story dissing on the guy from the site this guy was all tight with.

This is the quote everybody is having the most fun with from the PR guy:
Son Im 38 I wwebsite as on the internet when you were a sperm in your daddys balls and before it was the internet, thanks for the welcome to message wurd up

There are graphics and all kinds of things all over the place and even GEICO gets a stab in.

Here is the product on Amazon. 267 reviews and all bad. A rating of 1.

Man, ya gotta love it when the people have their revenge. LOL
polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
Post edited by MacLeod on

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited December 2011
    Options
    So wait, this idiot bought a controller that had a horrible rating and then complained about it?

Why did he even press the "Buy It" button?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,713
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »
    So wait, this idiot bought a controller that had a horrible rating and then complained about it?

Maybe you missed that all of those reviews were posted today.

As you asked another poster today...does it hurt being that...
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Damn what an awesome share. I read every bit of it. Hopefully it ends in the favor of the customer and the CS learns from it. I don't wish failure on anyone or someone's goal, but the seller sure screwed himself in a terrible way. The reviews on Amazon are just insane as well.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • Glowrdr
    Glowrdr Posts: 1,103
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Long, but good reading
    65" Sony X900 (XBR-65X900E)
    Pioneer Elite SC-37
    Polk Monitor 70's (2)
    Polk Monitor 40's (4)
    Polk Monitor CS2
    Polk DSW Pro 660wi
    Oppo BDP-93
    Squeezebox Duet
    Belkin PureAV PF60
    Dish Network "The Hoppa"
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Jstas wrote: »

No, he preordered it in October paying in full. The release date came and went with no news. The guy emails the company and hilarity ensues.

And yes, all those reviews were done today by the internet justice horde.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • maximillian
    maximillian Posts: 2,142
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Love it. PA is great! Thanks for sharibg.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,712
    edited December 2011
    Options
    MacLeod wrote: »
    No, he preordered it in October paying in full. The release date came and went with no news. The guy emails the company and hilarity ensues.

And yes, all those reviews were done today by the internet justice horde.

Oh, I see now.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Gotta love the power of the internet inflicting its wrath on the con men
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,273
    edited December 2011
    Options
    "Internet Justice Horde" ..... :smile:.

Being as "This controller was designed originally for disabled children", then it's sort of proof that there is karma in this life, IMO.
    Sal Palooza
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,713
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Everything got to end up with a quarrel in the Clubhouse :biggrin:
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000
  • Joe08867
    Joe08867 Posts: 3,919
    edited December 2011
    Options
    That is hilarious, That CS guy was fired right? He should be.
  • MacLeod
    edited December 2011
    Options
    From what I'm seeing on my tech forums, the **** owns the fledgling PR firm and the manufacturer has fired them over this.

There are now apparently YouTube spoof videos popping up. I'm at work on my phone right now but when I get home Ill post some links.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited December 2011
    Options
    MacLeod wrote: »
    From what I'm seeing on my tech forums, the **** owns the fledgling PR firm and the manufacturer has fired them over this.

There are now apparently YouTube spoof videos popping up. I'm at work on my phone right now but when I get home Ill post some links.

I didnt know you were in chatt-town. I was just there for Thanksgiving. Already craving some Taco Mac, Sticky Fingers, Chattanooga Cupcakes and some BBQ place downtown (forget the name)
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • inspiredsports
    inspiredsports Posts: 5,501
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I worked as a manager of a 20 store regional home center in the late 70's where the principal owner always preached, "the customer is always right".

He told us the following:

". . . if a customer buys a wood chopping maul and a lawn mower, chops up the mower with the maul in the parking lot, and then comes back in the store to return one (or both), give him a prompt refund and with a smile . . ."

Something close happened once in that a customer mowed his lawn with a new mower without adding the (free) quart of oil we always supplied. I replaced the mower that same day, filling the crakcase with oil myself.

I worked there for about 3 more years and that thankful customer was in the store filling his cart once or twice a week.

I'll also bet he influenced dozens or maybe hundreds of customers to shop in our stores because of the way he was treated, and that was decades before the Internet.
    VTL ST50 w/mods / RCA6L6GC / TlfnknECC801S
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 w/mods
    TT Conrad Johnson Sonographe SG3 Oak / Sumiko LMT / Grado Woodbody Platinum / Sumiko PIB2 / The Clamp
    Musical Fidelity A1 CDPro/ Bada DD-22 Tube CDP / Conrad Johnson SD-22 CDP
    Tuners w/mods Kenwood KT5020 / Fisher KM60
    MF x-DAC V8, HAInfo NG27
    Herbies Ti-9 / Vibrapods / MIT Shotgun AC1 IEC's / MIT Shotgun 2 IC's / MIT Shotgun 2 Speaker Cables
    PS Audio Cryo / PowerPort Premium Outlets / Exact Power EP15A Conditioner
    Walnut SDA 2B TL /Oak SDA SRS II TL (Sonicaps/Mills/Cardas/Custom SDA ICs / Dynamat Extreme / Larry's Rings/ FSB-2 Spikes
    NAD SS rigs w/mods
    GIK panels