What amp Do I want for a polk mm10

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited October 2003 in Car Audio & Electronics
I am going to buy 1 polk mm10(500w rms @ 4 ohm). I do not want anything but that 1 sub and an amp to power it. I want an amp that gives me 500W @4 ohms, right? I don't need any fancy amp, just want the best perfomance from that one sub. Which amp would you guys recommend?

also should i get the 10" or 12"?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sntnsupermen131
    sntnsupermen131 Posts: 1,831
    edited October 2003
    rockford fosgate 500D or something like that...
    mtx, hifonics, profile are good lines too
    10 is not as big...little more accurate...doesnt play as deep as the 12
    depends on what you want
    if youve never had a sub before, a 10 or a 12 is going to make a huge difference
    -Cody
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited October 2003
    the best amp for it kinda depends on your price range but i agree with sntn especially on hifonics, should give you good sq. when checking specs on amps look for a low thd % the lower the better, a high dampening factor i'd say 500-700 if you can afford the kind of amp that's gonna have it, and a high slew rate. just check the specs of the amps that put out 500@4ohms rms that are in your price range and see which one is better. most car audio manufacturers will have the user manuals available to download from their websites, that's where you can get the info. also if you want a broad range of brands to look over go to www.speedsound.com good prices and they're listed with the better buisness bureu to boot. good luck and for any advice on brands you're looking at just ask :D
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited October 2003
    again - i'll post the old standard -- mtx blue thunder 150.2 -- its almost 500 x 1 at 4 ohms bridged (disregard the specs on sheet).

www.mitekfactoryoutlet.com

its 150 bucks from the factory -- list was like 399.

you wont get better for cheaper unless you steal it or have some sugar-mamma who'll give u amps for nookie.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge