SVS and TV Sound

Options
kberg
kberg Posts: 974
Well, SVS surprises me again. Since receiving my 20-39 PC+, I hadn't yet tried piping TV stereo-broadcasted shows through all speakers via all channel stereo mode. I did this when I had my Infinity sub and now that it has been replaced by the SVS, TV sound is now spectacular by comparison.

This sub is constantly blowing me away, even at very low volumes. I owe a lot to this forum and the folks on it who provided me with advice and high recommendations; without them, I probably never would have heard of or considered SVS. Word of mouth has a lot of power.
Mains: polkaudio RTi70's (bi-wired)
Center: polkaudio CSi40 (bi-wired)
Surrounds: polkaudio FXi30's
Rear Center: polkaudio CSi30
Sub: SVS 20-39 PC+
Receiver: ONKYO TX-SR600
Display: JVC HD-56G786
DVD Player: SONY DVP-CX985V
DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
Remote: Logitech Harmony H688
Post edited by kberg on

Comments

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Yes, the SVS impresses more over time as you begin to appreciate the nuances it brings to bass, even at low volumes.

I run TV through 7 channel myself and like it.

Glad you are loving it........send Tom/Ron and email; they eat that stuff up and really appreciate the feedback.

Doc
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • kberg
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Dr. Spec
    .....send Tom/Ron and email; they eat that stuff up and really appreciate the feedback.

Done, Doc!
    DVD Player: OPPO DV-981HD 1080p High Definition Up-Converting Universal DVD Player with HDMI
  • fort
    fort Posts: 39
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Kberg, what is the setting of your TX-SR600 with that setup?
    main L/R (small or large ?)
    crossover (80/100/120 ?)
    Sorry for asking. I just noticed we have a very similar system except for sub (HSU) and L/R surrounds (FXi50). My setup is fairly new and need some tweaking advise....
  • kberg
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by fort
    Kberg, what is the setting of your TX-SR600 with that setup?
    main L/R (small or large ?)
    crossover (80/100/120 ?)
    Sorry for asking. I just noticed we have a very similar system except for sub (HSU) and L/R surrounds (FXi50). My setup is fairly new and need some tweaking advise....

Hey fort,

All speaks small, 80Hz. Be sure to tweak with the use of an SPL meter and a calibration disk such as Sound & Vision, Avia or the new Digital Video Essentials disk.
  • fort
    fort Posts: 39
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Thanks. I find that better than my previous setting at large/80Hz. I also realized that 'direct' mode is not affected by large/small setting in TX-SR600. ;)