Finally found a pair!

Options
Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited October 2003 in Speakers
Working out the details as we speak (type)!!

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?spkrfull&1070134123
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by Frank Z on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited October 2003
    Options
    "Stain spot"... were these Russ'?

Good luck Frank...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Frank Z
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by Tour2ma
    "Stain spot"... were these Russ'?

NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited October 2003
    Options
    If they were...pass, man, PASS.

Good on ya Frank!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Its about damn time Frank! :D

Just kidding, good job, have fun with them.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Never had SDA 2's - SDA SRS 2 is what's in 'da house'.

The white stuff is related to glue residue on the dustcap. A couple of my SRS drivers have it - don't sweat it. (no, I didn't put it there either!)

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Frank Z
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I also have a line on another pair with the interconnect. The owner lives in Wisconsin. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll get in touch with him. He may end up putting them in the flea market here.
  • har_navalta
    har_navalta Posts: 957
    edited October 2003
    Options
    The white spot can be remove by windex;) Spray, wipe a bit
    and its gone...

Har
  • Frank Z
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I'm really fired up about getting these! My first pair were purchased brand new for an ungodly amout of money...that means retail... and sold for pennies on the dollar. I also had to sell my carver gear... amp, preamp, DTL, sonic hologram generator, tuner, everything! My wife was heartbroken because she knew how much I loved listening to music. She swore that once we were back on our feet, we'd get it all back, or get even better gear. So here I am with a room full of HT gear, a pair of Lsi9's, and some SDA's on order. All thanks to my much better half! I read a lot of posts about guy's having to "convince" the other half of the team that they really need "This" or the system will sound much better with "That"!! My wife was the one pushing for the 9's and the SDA'S.

I got it made boys!!:D
  • eclypse
    eclypse Posts: 595
    edited October 2003
    Options
    You've got one hell of a wife there Frank! Now remember to do something nice for her as well.
    Full 5 channel set of Polk Audio
    Fronts - LSiM 705
    Center - LSiM 706c
    Sides - LSiM 703
    Mits WD-82842 82" DLP 3DTV
    Denon AVR-3313CI Receiver
    Emotiva stealth DC-1
    Emotiva XPA-2/Fronts XPA-3 Center-surrounds
    Oppo 103

Loving the new Family! :)
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Congrats on the purchase. You got a super deal there.

Your wife is awesome! On the first night of their arrival (SDA), you can listen to some music with her together with some wine and cheese. That should make her very happy and I'm sure she'll let you get any gear you want in the future.

Maurice
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Hey Frank, Congrats!!!

By the sounds of things, I'd say you're a lucky man. Both the wife and the SDA's.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dan t
    dan t Posts: 206
    edited October 2003
    Options
    The white stuff is related to glue residue on the dustcap. A couple of my SRS drivers have it - don't sweat it.

My Monitor 10's Series 2 have the same 'white stain' on dust cap. I know I drove them hard with my Carver CM-1090 Int. amp.
    Not sure if this contributed to the 'stain'.

I was just looking at my Monitor 5's series 2, no white stains. I didn't take the time to research to see if the M5 and M10 have the same 6 1/2" drivers..

Dan
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited October 2003
    Options
    SDA's + Barry White = Monkey Love
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.