Just want a few suggestions/opinions/recommendations. What to do next?

Options
Misturrho
Misturrho Posts: 10
edited December 2011 in Forum Testing Area
Hello all, I'm very new to here.. sort of, I did do most my research before buying this setup listed below:

Polk Audio CS2 Center Speakers
Polk Audio R50 Tower speakers (2)
Polk Audio PSW505 Subwoofer
Onkyo TX-SR805 7.1 Receiver

Now that I have this setup, I was wondering: 1)if the receiver choice I picked was a good one?
If it is good, my next question will be, 2) should I upgrade my Tower Speakers to the Tsi's maybe? (Although I'm not really for spending unnecessary money) But what difference would it make? and 3) I'm looking towards some surround sound in the future, so what speakers am I missing for a kicking awesome sound? I'm thinking about the bookshelf speakers. Any recommendations?

Glad to hear from ya'll.
Post edited by Misturrho on

Comments

• Misturrho
    Misturrho Posts: 10
    edited December 2011
    Options
    btw I got those 2 R50's on black friday at frys. I forgot how much it cost me but I vaguely remember like $110-130 or so. Both, that is. Was the few who acquired the last remaining in stock.
  • mudwrx
    mudwrx Posts: 367
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hello. This is just a test area and you probably won't get too many responses. I suggest moving your questions to the Speakers thread.

I have an almost similar set up: Onkyo tx-sr 608, PSW505 sub (excellent for the money), my center is the CS20 (extremely pleased with this, all voices are crystal clear), my fronts are Tsi 400's and for surround I got a pair of Fxi A4's.

Overall I am more than happy with everything. The Tsi 400's pump out more than I'll ever need, the center is very clear, the sub packs a punch and the surrounds do a great job. I did increase the surround output a little so I could hear them more.

I'm not sure on your receiver, but the one thing people will tell you they do not like is if it does not have a pre-out for amps. My receiver does not have this but I am fine with that. My set up is complete and I will not be adding to it. I do not need the amps, I love what I am getting now. I use my system mostly for mmovies/tv/games (PS3). I do not listen to music much so I can't really comment on that. Overall I am happy wit it.

Good luck and welcome!
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Post in electronics and you will get many hits confirming mudwrx comments. Your fine.