Will this Encloser Work?

Options
Houstoner
Houstoner Posts: 3
edited November 2011 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a question about a sub box that I designed specifically for my truck. I have designed a box to fit two shallow mount 10'' Kenwood Excelon KFC-XW1000F subs. The subwoofer recommendations for a sealed box requires a Volume of 0.6cft, a Width of 28 1/4'', a Height of 12 3/4'', Depth one 4 1/16'' and Depth two 6 5/16''.

The sub box that I designed will fit perfect in my truck as it is a regular cab pickup and doesn't have much space. Attached to this thread is a picture along with measurements of the box I designed for my truck. But my ultimate question is will this destroy the performance of my woofers or will this have a minor effect on the bass? If so what effect will it have and how major will it be?
JustinsSubBox.jpg
Post edited by Houstoner on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2011
    Options
    would what have an effect on the speakers? The box design? As long as the volume is correct, box design for sealed boxes doesnt matter much.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yep. Ive read some arguments that a round enclosure handles the back waves of the subs better and causes less interference or some such thing but from my personal experience, the shape doesnt matter. The internal volume being correct is what matters.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D