A What Model SDA is this test?

eeagle
eeagle Posts: 226
edited September 2003 in Forum Testing Area
Yes it has a pin/blade interconnect & solid oak tops.
SDA SRS 1.2
Adcom GFA-5802
Adcom GFP-750
Sony DVP-NS999ES
Post edited by eeagle on

Comments

• eeagle
    edited September 2003
    Hmmm a second try for the picture.
    SDA SRS 1.2
    Adcom GFA-5802
    Adcom GFP-750
    Sony DVP-NS999ES
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited September 2003
    Looks like a ****, you've got SL2000 tweeters (SDA SRS 1.2) with a SDA SRS 1.2TL crossover panel. What are the numbers on the back of the drivers, look at both sides.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• eeagle
    edited September 2003
    You're quite observant. I was actually just checking my file uploading capability, but it is nice to know some read the test forum as well.

I recently purchased these from an individual who had bought a home with them installed in custom wall installation he was tearing out. They appeared to have been installed and never moved, and are in very pristine condition. I have verified the operation of all drivers and the integrity of the SDA, and am totally satisfied with their fantastic soundstage and response. The bolts on all components do not appear to have been loosened, and I have not done so myself to actually verify the dimensional driver p/n's, or if the crossover actually has the BE2000-C or -B components. Wish Polk had labeled the component fronts so they didn't require removal.

I too observed that the crossover bolt pattern did not match the norm, and shot out a couple of queries to Raife who wrote the compendium, and to Ken Swauger at Polk. Neither were aware of them being produced in this configuration, but offered the possibility that it could have happened at the end of a production run, or as a result of problems with the original crossover. Both left and right have the 9 bolt crossover by the way.

I'll let you know what I have if I'm ever inclined to take them apart...right now I'm enjoying their fantastic sound and really glad I took the plunge.
    SDA SRS 1.2
    Adcom GFA-5802
    Adcom GFP-750
    Sony DVP-NS999ES
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    edited September 2003
    SDA 1.2 In the wall. That has a nice ring to it! lol! Congrats on your find, my Dad hates you.....so you know :p Jk! Rock on broda!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.