Outlaw Model 200 Amp

Options
nico
nico Posts: 104
edited September 2003 in Electronics
:cool: :cool: :cool: Anyone here have any experience or opinions about the OUTLAW 200 amp? I'm thinking of getting 2 to power my fronts (RTI50) FOR 2 CHANNEL music listening. Can I hook them up with my SONY 4ES? If so can I run them simultaneously for surround? Thanks for any help. NICO
SONY 4ES RECEIVER
EARTHQUAKE 5CH AMP.
DENON DVD 2200
SONY 400 DISC CHANGER
RTI50, CS400I, RTI38, RT55I, INFINITY IL SUB
MONSTER CABLES
SONY LCD 50" VEGA
Post edited by nico on

Comments

• Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Paging Frank Z.... Paging Frank Z...
    Please pick up the white courtesy phone...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Nope, I haven't heard 'em...sorry.
    If your receiver has pre-outs for a seperate amp(s), then the answer would be yes.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • Tour2ma
    edited September 2003
    Options
    lol.... Frank, c'mon man, I sent nico to hunt you... at least a general comment...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I researched that amp prior to picking up the Parasound, from HBombs suggestion. It looks to be quite a nice amplifier...simple, dynamic and has some obvious power for its very diminutive size. It is a great value....I think Outlaw was/is running a special on them, but I am unsure. Nice amp.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    I researched that amp prior to picking up the Parasound, from HBombs suggestion. It looks to be quite a nice amplifier...simple, dynamic and has some obvious power for its very diminutive size. It is a great value....I think Outlaw was/is running a special on them, but I am unsure. Nice amp.

an outstanding amp I'm sure but Doro's parasound, from what I recall, had a few specs that were better than the Outlaw. I like that 5 year warranty and have enjoyed great performance from my 770 in both HT and 2 channel so I highly recommend Outlaw.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • nico
    edited September 2003
    Options
    :(:(:( Hey thanks tour2ma for trying te get me some help. I'll research it some more. nico
    SONY 4ES RECEIVER
    EARTHQUAKE 5CH AMP.
    DENON DVD 2200
    SONY 400 DISC CHANGER
    MONSTER CABLES
    SONY LCD 50" VEGA
  • nico
    edited September 2003
    Options
    :p:p:p YEAH frank any general comment? I'm sure you have a few judging from all your posts!!
    SONY 4ES RECEIVER
    EARTHQUAKE 5CH AMP.
    DENON DVD 2200
    SONY 400 DISC CHANGER
    MONSTER CABLES
    SONY LCD 50" VEGA
  • Frank Z
    edited September 2003
    Options
    General comment eh! umm, well, let me think......

I like to drink cold hot dog water and hot Pepto-Bismal!:eek:
  • Frank Z
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Okay, all kidding aside, the Outlaw Mono-blocks look really good on paper. 200 W into 8 ohms, and 300 into 4ohms. Stacked up they will only eat up about 3.5", so space shouldn't be a big deal. If you are planning on having them set up any significant distance from your preamp, you might want to look an amp that has XLR connections. Keep in mind that an amp should not no anything more than amplify, but in the real world that's not always the case. When I i auditioned the anthem PVA-7 (before getting my Outlaw) I felt as though the mid-range was slighlty muted, almost muddy. (Geez I hate talking like an audiophile;) ) Outlaw's return policy is excellant, so you won't be stuck with them if you are not satisfied with the amps.

Let us lowly multi-channel guys know what you decide, and good luck with your upgrade, regardless of what road you take!

Now where's that Ice Cold hot dog water?!?:p
  • Tour2ma
    edited September 2003
    Options
    OK... where's the damn "unsubscribe" button...
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli

• nico
    edited September 2003
    Options
    Thanks for your insight Frank I will let you all know what I think of it when I get them. NICO
    SONY 4ES RECEIVER
    EARTHQUAKE 5CH AMP.
    DENON DVD 2200
    SONY 400 DISC CHANGER
    MONSTER CABLES
    SONY LCD 50" VEGA