LSI-15 vs. LSI25??

Options
kk2ed
kk2ed Posts: 17
edited October 2003 in Speakers
I am considering upgrading from my RT5000 system to a LSI C, LSIFX, and either the LSI 15s or 25s.

I have read a lot of comparisons between the LSI15s and 9s, but no discussion about the 25s.

Anyone have any experience or comments on the 25s?

I'd rather have the subs built into the front spkrs rather than trying to hide a separate sub in my already cramped room.

Also, any interest in a complete RT5000 (black) system?

Thanks
Eric
Post edited by kk2ed on

Comments

• fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited September 2003
    Options
    I've always been a fan of the LSi25's but I don't think many people have had a chance to listen to them. Even in midrange frequencies, they sound better than the LSi15's, but for many people the price difference is just too much to justify it. Since you have a preference for powered towers, they would definitely be the way to go. Go crazy! :D
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2003
    Options
    The 25's are incredible, just like the rest of the Lsi series! Your reasons for wanting them instead of the 15's makes sense. Go for it!
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited September 2003
    Options
    you answered your own question, No need for a sub? Then the 25's would be a great choice.... Not everyone wants/needs a sub but still likes bass. so that is where powered towers come into play, I just got Rti150's. I do have a great sub, But don't always want a sub on, so these work great for me... it's all in what you need. not what anyone else wants/likes when it comes to speakers in your own home.
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • gsxr
    gsxr Posts: 4
    edited October 2003
    Options
    I'm interested in a complete RT5000 system, depending on price... email me at rc51@cableone.net with details. :D
    Dave M.
    SRT System powered by Sunfire Signature
  • bigsexy1
    bigsexy1 Posts: 557
    edited October 2003
    Options
    Eric,
    I concur, the 25s are the way to go. Even if you have or will eventually have a seperate sub to go with them, they will still present an easier to drive load on your receiver/amp by taking away the duties of the power zapping lower bass from it.

Also, I would possibly be interested in your old system. I'll try to send you a PM.